XFL reality show

XFL Football discussion.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

XFL reality show

Post by FootballYoda »

I just know we are going to see an XFL reality show that follows players through training camps and into the season. It will probably be featuring the Rock as a narrator, or character. Maybe include coaches and staff. I’m waiting for the announcement. Hopefully it is on a Netflix.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL reality show

Post by MarkNelson »

“Seven Bucks” has a good relationship with HBO. Might be streaming there.

It could be a network deal that will take the longest to figure out before the XFL comes back.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

FootballYoda wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:21 am I just know we are going to see an XFL reality show that follows players through training camps and into the season. It will probably be featuring the Rock as a narrator, or character. Maybe include coaches and staff. I’m waiting for the announcement. Hopefully it is on a Netflix.
What I see happening is people getting to know and love XFL players on a personal level, because they get to see the struggles and victories. Make these guys as famous as NFL players. I am excited to see this happen. It will be so good for players.

What did they say? For the love of football.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
tshanks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by tshanks »

I think we are waiting for the “program” and games to be sold to a network. Without a network deal there is no point in playing football.
Lover of the game, and looking forward to Spring football. Reporting on the XFL.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

tshanks wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:29 pm I think we are waiting for the “program” and games to be sold to a network. Without a network deal there is no point in playing football.
I think you are right. A network deal probably needs to be done before anything else can take place. I wonder how long that could take?

The Rock has star power. Networks might bend over backwards to get a deal. Maybe bundle a deal with other side deals. Could be complicated.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

I believe ESPN will not be a playet going forward for they will have a lot to do come spring. Some major college conferences still might have a spring season..... somehow i see the presentation of this being closer to the 2001 version sans the raciness with full access to everything, with profile stories being told and families being brought to games and oh....a game will happen too.... I see it back on nbc as well with thier new peacock service. You might even get Matt Wiseman and Akbar Bjaja-Biamila to call the action.