Top Two Cities for Expansion (and their names)

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Top Two Cities for Expansion (and their names)

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

promotherobot wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:38 pm If you want actual attendance I can't think of worse places to put a team than SF and MIA. You should be in football-mad markets: San Antonio, OKC, Buffalo if it wasn't so cold, though you did have a team in NYC.
Welcome to the board, and nice screen name. Fellow Western New Yorker, I presume?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

If the stadium is renovated, that's a different story, but they'd also have to rip out the track. The XFL is a made for TV product, and I'd actually use the Virginia Destroyers as an example of how you definitely don't want to do things. The attendance was solid on paper, but between the lighting and the sheen on the field, it all made for a terrible broadcast.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

promotherobot wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:38 pm If you want actual attendance I can't think of worse places to put a team than SF and MIA. You should be in football-mad markets: San Antonio, OKC, Buffalo if it wasn't so cold, though you did have a team in NYC.
I agree, especially on Miami. Miami doesn't support any sports teams except when the Heat are very good. Orlando is a much better spot for a Florida team than Miami.
St. Louis BattleHawks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:29 am If the stadium is renovated, that's a different story, but they'd also have to rip out the track. The XFL is a made for TV product, and I'd actually use the Virginia Destroyers as an example of how you definitely don't want to do things. The attendance was solid on paper, but between the lighting and the sheen on the field, it all made for a terrible broadcast.
Good point, and I remember well how the field almost looked silver during those Destroyers games—but on the other hand, the XFL plays most of its games in the afternoon (especially factoring in that it's the West Coast), meaning that artificial lighting won't be as big of an issue.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Ok, to add to the speculation, I choose the Birmingham Iron (assuming it can be used) and the SF Earthquakes or just plain Quakes.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

I like San Francisco. I like Birmingham.