Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Will the XFL play in a Covid free bubble?

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 pm When it comes to standing during the anthem I will always support the players and what they want to do. That’s my only opinion.
That's your opinion and everyone is entitled to one. But I don't share it. When on the job you are at the discretion of the employer. We all are. I can't wear an Obama hat or Trump hat to work but these guys can say "screw you national anthem" ?- that's the issue most people have. That and it is un-American, or at least that's the resulting perception which is clearly the intent.

The diff with the Anthem vs a political Trump or Obama hat is its non-partisan. Its American, not left/right, conservative/liberal, Dem/Rep. So not standing for it says you don't like America. That's pretty crass for a group of players making millions of $$. Anyway - the point is if they avoid Politics the XFL can seize the day. I hope they do.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

1. NFL seems to have many ways for players to express their feelings about equality. Interesting. I wonder if it will help level things off.
2. NFL seems to have figured out how to play without a bubble. Less people in the stands though. We will see if it works.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

I guess we will watch and see how the NFL does without a bubble. I bet the XFL owners are doing the same.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

NFL: Bubble? We don’t need no stinking bubble!
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

Joker wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:04 am NFL: Bubble? We don’t need no stinking bubble!
I will watch the games on Sunday. See if the NFL plan is holding up.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:50 am
Joker wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:04 am NFL: Bubble? We don’t need no stinking bubble!
I will watch the games on Sunday. See if the NFL plan is holding up.
NFL has no bubble.

The virus will be depoliticized after the 11/4 and XFL will be playing.