How's everyone doing?

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: How's everyone doing?

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:40 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:37 am I know the amateur collegiate summer baseball leagues, which don't rely on ticket revenue as much, are aiming for a mid-June reopening around here, which is realistic given it's a rural area and fewer cases means better chance of extirpating the virus here.
I hadn't heard this. Any leagues in particular? That would be really encouraging given we've had barely a month of baseball at any level this year.
New York Collegiate Baseball League. It's mostly in smaller cities in upstate New York. Their current aim is to be back playing by June 15.

Upstate, though it has some cases, hasn't been hit anywhere near as hard as New York City.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I would be lying if I said I wasn't bummed by the untimely demise of the League and my Dragons, I definitely am. That said, it is a double dose of disaster for us as MLB plans on completely eliminating the minor league that our hometown team plays in. It appears now, that we wont even get one last season to say goodbye to our team that has been incredibly supported locally for the last 72 years and boasts one of the very finest ballparks in the minors. We also lost our IFL team a number of years ago when a tornado ripped the roof and field out of our stadium. Guess I'll have to tae up Frisbee golf... sigh
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Still bothered by the loss of the XFL, especially when it was doing so well. I guess I don’t blame McMahon for giving up. The Covid made it happen. I just didn’t think he would roll over that easily. I was completely surprised that he threw in the towel when he did. This means no more XFL dream for Vince.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Joker wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:06 pm Still bothered by the loss of the XFL, especially when it was doing so well. I guess I don’t blame McMahon for giving up. The Covid made it happen. I just didn’t think he would roll over that easily. I was completely surprised that he threw in the towel when he did. This means no more XFL dream for Vince.
If Remsdesvir works and is approve in June he may regret his decision. I hope that drug works, its a game changer.

Regardless the shell XFL should hold the assets through the worst of this pandemic as people will be shifting from pessimism to optimism, and of course its an election year too.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:14 am
Joker wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:06 pm Still bothered by the loss of the XFL, especially when it was doing so well. I guess I don’t blame McMahon for giving up. The Covid made it happen. I just didn’t think he would roll over that easily. I was completely surprised that he threw in the towel when he did. This means no more XFL dream for Vince.
If Remsdesvir works and is approve in June he may regret his decision. I hope that drug works, its a game changer.

Regardless the shell XFL should hold the assets through the worst of this pandemic as people will be shifting from pessimism to optimism, and of course its an election year too.
You'll still have the problem of needed revenues in the next year gone. So no regret there, although the propagandists (no longer media) have successfully flipped the narrative to 'XFLOP/KungFlu had nothing to do with it', indeed the IFL and NAL may be the only spring ball in 2021 and going forward, if they come back.