Sources: league explored relocating three teams

XFL Football discussion.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Sources: league explored relocating three teams

Post by XtremeFanForever »

San Antonio was reportedly explored as an option.

Any ides who the three teams could've been? New York and LA seem unlikely if only because of the TV value. I doubt they'd want three Texas teams, so maybe they were exploring moving the Renegades or Roughnecks?

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/ ... operations
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Sounder
Coach

Re: Sources: league explored relocating three teams

Post by Sounder »

The Wildcats and Vipers would've been two....if there were a third, I guess it would've been finding a smaller venue for the Guardians, but still in the New York area to retain the tv market......everybody else was doing pretty good.
The thing that's worked it's way up my crawl and frosted my nuts is this assumption that the XFL is just another casualty for the lack of interest for post NFL ball and comparing it to last seasons AAF failure and just isn't fair.
It would just take too much to get things restarted ...too much for a startup to bear ....I mean I'm doubting we'll see any live sports at all this year and into next because too much precaution will have to be put into place. We're not gonna just open up and go back.....life will be more gated......for your own protection.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Re: Sources: league explored relocating three teams

Post by XtremeFanForever »

The article from Sports Business Daily today says the league waa exploring moving the Vipers to Orlando. Not a big surprise. Seems like they would've preferred Orlando to begin with had it not been for the AAF.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3