XFL Terminates All Employees

XFL Football discussion.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Re: XFL Terminates All Employees

Post by Regular Joe »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:57 pm Wow.

So Alpha Entertainment still likely has a couple hundred million cash in the bank. Will that be rolled back into WWE (to cushion its losses from not being able to have audiences) or put into some other venue?

THAT is what you keep your eye on. And sale of the equipment...
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:02 pm There's nothing right now to do anything for year two--everybody is going to lose tons of money, where do you think that leaves startups? (hell I wouldn't be shocked if AEW shuts down at some point, so as kind of odd that is to see Vince and Tony Khan in the same boat, it is what it is)

So anything, even my last post, was kind of wishful thinking
I HATE CHINA COMMIES, liars, dictators and scum.

Now they've taken away the XFL likely permanently. SCREW those bastards!

Post venting...

When they suspended reg season in March they should have cut cost then, paid thru end of month and HC thru end of March. It made no sense to pay players and others millions for no work.

I think having a non-paying TV contract for 3 years with 2mm viewers on Broadcast and 1.2mm on cable wasn't smart either.

I agree with post above that Oliver luck is too expensive to keep right now.

I also think the new NFL CBA hurt

I hope they come back even if it means 2021 is skipped and they get a new deal in 2022. People will accept a skipped season due to the corona virus. If we get a cure or vaccine before then perhaps, Remsdeivuer (sp) is a potential early cure.

SAD Sad sad.... this sucks.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Regular Joe wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:33 pm

So Alpha Entertainment still likely has a couple hundred million cash in the bank. Will that be rolled back into WWE (to cushion its losses from not being able to have audiences) or put into some other venue?

THAT is what you keep your eye on. And sale of the equipment...
agreed and copyrights etc
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

This. The WWE has lost a lot of money having empty arena shows.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:29 pm
MGB01 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:02 pm There's nothing right now to do anything for year two--everybody is going to lose tons of money, where do you think that leaves startups? (hell I wouldn't be shocked if AEW shuts down at some point, so as kind of odd that is to see Vince and Tony Khan in the same boat, it is what it is)

So anything, even my last post, was kind of wishful thinking
AEW has been on a break since last week, they pre-recorded a bunch of stuff all the way until late May. WWE was on a three week break, but they are shooting stuff for the next few days and then will be on another break again.

That was WWE back in the old pre-Monday Night War days: go live every four weeks (sometimes two) and tape everything in between, so they won't be fine but they can withstand it. But AEW, Impact, and the smaller promotions don't have that infrastructure.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk_XFL/stat ... 4701754368

Konnor Fulk
@KonnorFulk_XFL
Just had a phone call with a now ex- #XFL employee, the league is likely done. Extremely low chance we see it come back.
2:59 PM · Apr 10, 2020

Konnor Fulk
@KonnorFulk_XFL
According to a #XFL league source, if the league ever does come back, the likelihood that Oliver Luck is involved is extremely low.
2:57 PM · Apr 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

---------

No way Oliver Luck is going a year or more without getting paid. I hope they come back with a new commissioner even if its 2022 but VM is getting old, doubtful.

No comparisons to AAF please - totally different.

Screw those China Commies - lying about this and now XFL gone.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:32 pm https://twitter.com/KonnorFulk_XFL/stat ... 4701754368

Konnor Fulk
@KonnorFulk_XFL
Just had a phone call with a now ex- #XFL employee, the league is likely done. Extremely low chance we see it come back.
2:59 PM · Apr 10, 2020

Konnor Fulk
@KonnorFulk_XFL
According to a #XFL league source, if the league ever does come back, the likelihood that Oliver Luck is involved is extremely low.
2:57 PM · Apr 10, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

---------

No way Oliver Luck is going a year or more without getting paid. I hope they come back with a new commissioner even if its 2022 but VM is getting old, doubtful.

No comparisons to AAF please - totally different.

Screw those China Commies - lying about this and now XFL gone.
Yeah, you ever notice how that drive-by troll from three weeks ago that complained about the XFL going out just like the AAF hasn't been seen since?

Just freakin bad luck, first time around (though the league was long gone before then, still would presented its own issues getting to a year two) was 9/11, now this.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I was just thinking about that. When XFL 3.0 comes around, start shorting the market.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

I've waited a few hours to gather my thoughts and I still have no words. Heartbroken might be the only one. I just can't believe this happened. This was spring football's last chance, and the XFL did everything right and it still didn't matter. We only got 2 games in St. Louis. Fuck this stupid virus.
St. Louis BattleHawks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

It wasn't spring football's last chance. If anything, the XFL went a long way in proving the concept. Maybe it will be 2022 or maybe it will be 2032, but it will be back.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion