a legit expansion rumor?

XFL Football discussion.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

a legit expansion rumor?

Post by XtremeFanForever »

If so they really do put media market above all else.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DannyJonesXF ... 58630?s=19
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Re: a legit expansion rumor?

Post by Metallifreak10 »

If Chicago is truly an expansion city, I’ll be one of the first to get season tickets.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I hope Chicago gets a team just to see GDAWG's brain explode.

But if mainstream sports media or Mike Mitchell's not reporting it, I'm not taking it at face value.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

I don’t like the Atlanta idea at all
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:17 am I hope Chicago gets a team just to see GDAWG's brain explode.

But if mainstream sports media or Mike Mitchell's not reporting it, I'm not taking it at face value.
Chicago is a bad idea because it has never proven to support alternative football. That has been my issue with Chicago. What makes the XFL think it'll be different this time?
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:59 am
Tank55 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:17 am I hope Chicago gets a team just to see GDAWG's brain explode.

Chicago is a bad idea because it has never proven to support alternative football. That has been my issue with Chicago. What makes the XFL think it'll be different this time?
Previous spring teams didn't exist in this new era where networks pay top dollar for live sports. I'm skeptical but I see the argument.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Logofan
Kicker

Post by Logofan »

BengalErnst wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:55 am I don’t like the Atlanta idea at all
I absolutely love the idea. I will definitely be attending if they expand here.

Don't let the AAF's Legends taint your view of a franchise here, if it is. They were a nuclear dumpster fire the day they had the press conference and introduced Childress as HC and Vick as OC. It looked like a joke of a PR move. Childress bolted a month prior to the season and Vick was waaaaay in over his head as OC; he didn't have anywhere near enough coaching experience to run the offense....and he resigned 2 days before season kickoff. Kevin Coyle was not up to the job and the QB situation was a trainwreck. All that and virtually no marketing for the team and several home games with bad weather. Never had a chance to succeed...set up to fail.
Logofan
Kicker

Post by Logofan »

I like the idea of Chicago as it's the 3rd largest market...if only they had a venue choice with a dome.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:01 am

Previous spring teams didn't exist in this new era where networks pay top dollar for live sports. I'm skeptical but I see the argument.
Not only that previous teams (Winds, Blitz, Enforcers) played at Soldier Field in front of 40-50,000 (sometimes even 60) empty seats. But if SeatGeek is an option, then that's more appealing
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

It's definitely an option. What else is going on there? But it's probably not a great fit for the XFL for the same reason it wasn't a great fit for MLS: not close to downtown. Sort of similar to the Wildcats in Dignity Health vs. (hopefully) Banc of California.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion