Possible post season for XFL?

XFL Football discussion.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Re: Possible post season for XFL?

Post by XtremeFanForever »

May as well consider the season over. Sports won't start up again until June at this rate. No chance they play games at that time.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:48 pm May as well consider the season over. Sports won't start up again until June at this rate. No chance they play games at that time.
I'm legitimately discouraged at this point. No longer anxious, just discouraged—not just with the XFL situation but the whole country/world. There seems to be no plan to protect the areas that don't have the virus yet, nor plans to fast-track the treatments that can shorten the illness's duration... or even speed up the testing process. Our numbers are days behind and we can't tell whether or not these measures we are taking, which have a tremendous negative impact on people, are actually working to slow down the virus yet. I'm hoping and praying they are.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:14 pm
XtremeFanForever wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:48 pm May as well consider the season over. Sports won't start up again until June at this rate. No chance they play games at that time.
I'm legitimately discouraged at this point. No longer anxious, just discouraged—not just with the XFL situation but the whole country/world. There seems to be no plan to protect the areas that don't have the virus yet, nor plans to fast-track the treatments that can shorten the illness's duration... or even speed up the testing process. Our numbers are days behind and we can't tell whether or not these measures we are taking, which have a tremendous negative impact on people, are actually working to slow down the virus yet. I'm hoping and praying they are.
Out source all of your (or alot your) production, including medical supplies and drugs like Antibiotics to a Communist Totalitarian dictatorship and that's what you get.

All US people thought to have the disease were tested, it just spreads fast. AND People ignored the symptoms. Europe resisted cutting off travel esp china early ( many $$$ in tourism at stake) and here we. Halting sports also had the effect of getting people's attention, close bars and restaurants and its starting to sink in. Hopefully the real death rate is much lower than seen when taken seriously and when including people never tested cause they never showed symptoms or only did briefly.
Our efforts are definitely having a positive impact. Based on other countries tapping out, we may see increasing cases for 10-14 days yet. I'm hoping and praying too!!
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Sorry to bump this up, but I read somewhere that this pandemic could last 18 months, which means August 2021. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and it will be gone by the Summer.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:19 pm Sorry to bump this up, but I read somewhere that this pandemic could last 18 months, which means August 2021. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and it will be gone by the Summer.
That's just a preparation, of course if there had been any help (read non interference) from Beijing in the first place this wouldn't even be a sentence.

As it is this will be controlled in the summer, barring interference (yeah yeah, key phrase)
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:19 pm Sorry to bump this up, but I read somewhere that this pandemic could last 18 months, which means August 2021. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and it will be gone by the Summer.
Well, if it is seasonal(let’s hope so we get a break in the Summer), it will come back next winter. The hope is that it will weaken at least a bit(most viruses do weaken over time), and we have that vaccine in record time.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:44 am
Well, if it is seasonal(let’s hope so we get a break in the Summer), it will come back next winter. The hope is that it will weaken at least a bit(most viruses do weaken over time), and we have that vaccine in record time.
I hope so. I have read it could be worse than the Spanish Flu of 100 years ago. We all expect the XFL will be back in February 2021. Well if this pandemic is still around by then and hasn't gone away and then come back in a weaker state, the XFL will not come back ever. Let's not get to that point. I don't think it gets to that point.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

XFL has officially closed the season, looking forward to 2021.

https://xflboard.com/news/2020/03/20/xf ... -our-fans/

The COVID-19 pandemic, and the most recent local and state regulations, have left the XFL no choice but to officially cancel the remainder of the 2020 season. This decision has been made with the health and safety of the entire XFL family as our top priority.

While we are disappointed to not complete the 2020 season, our hearts are full of appreciation for your overwhelming support.

Your passion, your commitment to your favorite XFL team and your love of football made our season a success beyond our wildest dreams. We’re grateful for the incredible response and look forward to playing full seasons for you — and with you — in 2021 and beyond.

When our teams return to the field, we’ll make every effort to ensure your faith in us is rewarded with even more fun and excitement. Your passion is our purpose, and everything we do, every day and for every season to come, is For the Love of Football.

We hope you will stay connected to our league and team social and digital channels for news, features, and updates along the way.

From all of us at the XFL, be safe, stay healthy, and, again, thank you. Here’s to 2021!

Sincerely,

Oliver Luck
XFL Commissioner + CEO

Jeffrey Pollack
XFL President + COO
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:53 pm XFL has officially closed the season, looking forward to 2021.

https://xflboard.com/news/2020/03/20/xf ... -our-fans/

The COVID-19 pandemic, and the most recent local and state regulations, have left the XFL no choice but to officially cancel the remainder of the 2020 season. This decision has been made with the health and safety of the entire XFL family as our top priority.

While we are disappointed to not complete the 2020 season, our hearts are full of appreciation for your overwhelming support.

Your passion, your commitment to your favorite XFL team and your love of football made our season a success beyond our wildest dreams. We’re grateful for the incredible response and look forward to playing full seasons for you — and with you — in 2021 and beyond.

When our teams return to the field, we’ll make every effort to ensure your faith in us is rewarded with even more fun and excitement. Your passion is our purpose, and everything we do, every day and for every season to come, is For the Love of Football.

We hope you will stay connected to our league and team social and digital channels for news, features, and updates along the way.

From all of us at the XFL, be safe, stay healthy, and, again, thank you. Here’s to 2021!

Sincerely,

Oliver Luck
XFL Commissioner + CEO

Jeffrey Pollack
XFL President + COO
At this point its the right thing to do, I didn't see them playing until mid-may (originally hoping 4-19/4-26). I think Mid-may would work with NBA out but its too hard to hold the teams together that long.

It certainly was fun while it lasted, shame they couldn't sneak one more game in but its on to 2021.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Any chance of an XFL post-season for 2020 went out the window when a Dragons player tested positive.