BREAKING: Season canceled.

XFL Football discussion.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Re: BREAKING: Season canceled.

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Tank55 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:53 pm Classy move paying everyone's base and benefits. Bravo.

So glad I made it to a game. Can't wait for 2021.
I was really worried about this. I'm sure losing the season will hit Vince's pocketbook far harder than he ever anticipated, but glad he saw the necessity of this. One of the biggest symbols of legitimacy for the league in its entire two years of operation.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Regular Joe wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:43 pm All sports should continue even if in empty arenas, the people will need a distraction and some normalcy in their lives.

My opinion.
That would have been a huge risk. Especially if a top flight XFL player signs with the NFL, makes a regular season roster and ends up testing positive for the virus, causing massive chaos to the NFL season.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Thinking about getting one of those infrared Lazer thermometers and sitting in places and Lazer zapping people like a sniper.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Hystorm
Rookie

Post by Hystorm »

Well, I was indeed wondering if I could watch ball tomorrow on Saturday and came here to check...and yup...no more Ball...

Why do I feel like its the AAF all over again?!
Yes, I know its not down over money but....its still down...
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

In case people weren't feeling secure enough in the XFL's announcement yesterday about assurances that they'll play in 2021, this is a Tweet from Jake Russell, who covers the Defenders, quoting league CEO Jeffrey Pollack:

I'm told there's an all-hands meeting b/t #XFL HQ and team FOs and one of the key points came from league president and COO Jeffrey Pollack:

"The 2021 season and seasons beyond are happening. No question whatsoever."

"We will return. We will play in 2021. No doubt about that."
@gregmparks
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

GregParks wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:16 pm In case people weren't feeling secure enough in the XFL's announcement yesterday about assurances that they'll play in 2021, this is a Tweet from Jake Russell, who covers the Defenders, quoting league CEO Jeffrey Pollack:

I'm told there's an all-hands meeting b/t #XFL HQ and team FOs and one of the key points came from league president and COO Jeffrey Pollack:

"The 2021 season and seasons beyond are happening. No question whatsoever."

"We will return. We will play in 2021. No doubt about that."
And they should. This league is great and it needs to be here. But yeah it's the right thing to do.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Hystorm wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:09 pm Well, I was indeed wondering if I could watch ball tomorrow on Saturday and came here to check...and yup...no more Ball...

Why do I feel like its the AAF all over again?!
Yes, I know its not down over money but....its still down...
Really? :roll:
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

The league did the right things, regardless how much it sucks for us fans. Its going to be interesting how 2021 goes because players are going to get NFL offers no question. Same with new wave of players coming in. I don't feel like AAF over again because this ended because of a national wide issues that put every sport down. This was not a money problem. That the one thing about this, the XFL had zero money issues come up at all.
jawbone62
Linebacker

Post by jawbone62 »

When the AAF closed down, their players were abandoned. Contracts were terminated, medical benefits were terminated. They were told to leave their lodgings immediately. They had to find and pay for their own transportation to their permanent homes. They were not permitted to sign contracts with NFL or CFL teams. It was scandalous how their players were treated. This is so different.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Player travel expenses back home are also being covered by the league. They're handling this as best as one could hope for.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeJHoyt/sta ... 57154?s=19
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3