Week 5 Power Rankings

XFL Football discussion.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Week 5 Power Rankings

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

1. Houston (—)
The Roughnecks still sit alone atop the standings and begin pulling away from the rest of the field. Tin-foil hatters, commence your conspiracy theories.
2. New York (+2)
I have a hard time really believing that the Guardians are the second-best team in the XFL right now, but they have remarkably improved since Perez took the reins at QB. Riding one of only two winning streaks right now, that's enough to bump them to number 2 for now.
3. DC (+3)
As I suspected, the return home helped the Defenders. Beer snake juju and a shot in the arm from Tyree Jackson helped DC grind out a win against a quality St. Louis team.
4. St. Louis (–2)
The Battlehawks fall on the road to a respectable DC squad, and thus fall (but not spectacularly) in the power rankings.
5. Los Angeles (+1)
I've said all along that this Wildcats squad is better than their record indicates, and a thrilling come-from-behind victory over Tampa puts them at 2-3, which is pretty close to accurate.
6. Dallas (–3)
This team needs a QB upgrade and fast. They may get one with the Team 9 dispersal this week, or they can wait until Landry Jones is healthy.
7. Tampa Bay (–1)
Just when it looks like the Vipers have their marbles together, they fall apart in a collapse against LA. They're a maddening (and I don't mean John) team that shows flashes of potential but never seems to be able to string it together consistently—the Buffalo Sabres of the XFL.
8. Seattle (—)
A better effort, a new QB, but still the same result.

For the first time, no ties.

My week 4 rankings
My week 3 rankings
My week 2 rankings
My week 1 rankings