Double Pass...WTF!!??

XFL Football discussion.
Hystorm
Rookie

Double Pass...WTF!!??

Post by Hystorm »

Why in the world have I not yet seen a legal double-pass??!!
Are all the OC's so old school they cannot wrap their heads around it and...do it??!!

Thanks in advance...
StoneSentry
Running Back

Re: Double Pass...WTF!!??

Post by StoneSentry »

Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

There has only been a couple double passes, and one of them was an accident where the ball was batted down right into the arms of the QB, and he passed it a second time. Beautiful play, but not called. :D
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
ozzies09tc
Receiver

Post by ozzies09tc »

StoneSentry wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:33 pm *ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FxAZ1JKFVo
this looks like a back lateral with then a forward pss....completely legal in nfl
MidwestJimmy
Kicker

Post by MidwestJimmy »

I think the double pass is a gimmick and a little goofy. They said the XFL was going to be gimmick-free this time, but this is an exception.
ozzies09tc
Receiver

Post by ozzies09tc »

MidwestJimmy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:48 am I think the double pass is a gimmick and a little goofy. They said the XFL was going to be gimmick-free this time, but this is an exception.
I disagree the dbl forward pass is a "gimmick".

A forward pass, behind the line of scrimmage, should never count as a forward pass until the ball passe the line it started from IMO and its kinda goofy the NFL prevents this
MidwestJimmy
Kicker

Post by MidwestJimmy »

ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 pm
MidwestJimmy wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:48 am I think the double pass is a gimmick and a little goofy. They said the XFL was going to be gimmick-free this time, but this is an exception.
I disagree the dbl forward pass is a "gimmick".

A forward pass, behind the line of scrimmage, should never count as a forward pass until the ball passe the line it started from IMO and its kinda goofy the NFL prevents this
Turning the tables and saying it's the NFL rule that's goofy? I like it! (although I don't agree with the statement). That's thinking outside the box on your part, and a point of view the XFL itself would like.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

They already said that defenses have largely prepared for this already. And if a defense knows how to stop it, there's no point in running it.
ozzies09tc
Receiver

Post by ozzies09tc »

That could be said about every play? So I don't follow the logic
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

I thought the reason for allowing the double forward pass was to make it easier on officials and the borderline play, not to make it a regular feature?