Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

XFL Football discussion.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Re: Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by Regular Joe »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:20 pm
Regular Joe wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:21 am
MGB01 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:29 pm

Unfortunately, between this, the 1-4 start, and the COVID scare, we may have just lost Seattle as a market. SD ready?
Seattle will be fine. They're crazy & it's a party. Don't you remember the 30 years the Seahawks were perenial celler dwellers? Zorn was the QB there for awhile. They will love the team at 1-5. But it looks like their offense is showing signs of life, so hopefully they have a little more fun and notch a win.
Um, the Hawks were never perennial cellar dwellers--they've had 17 losing seasons in 44 and the worst stretch was four in a row (and even one of those was a playoff gimme for a rebuilding team thanks to Alex Smith: Turnover Machine)
I never remember them being good...except for that Curt Warner/Box time. And currently.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
MidwestJimmy
Kicker

Re: Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by MidwestJimmy »

At the end of the game, it seemed like they wanted to end it quickly before the start of the next game. I was picturing Vince McMahon talking in somebody's headset (like he does for WWE television shows). Another Montreal screw job! :D
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I complained directly to the XFL about the end of the Houston-Seattle game and received an apology - very cool. Glad I didn't have any money down on the Dragons to win though, that official could have cost me money!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

After coming to a clear understanding of the situation.....it was 4th down, so Walker turned the ball over with :02 left by kneeling. I guess normally after the ball is respotted....and five seconds into the play clock, the seconds would run off.....but in this instance, it was Dragon's ball on the HOU 23. Nine point deficit. Only right thing to do is to protest the finish and call the game a tie.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Sounder wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:13 pm After coming to a clear understanding of the situation.....it was 4th down, so Walker turned the ball over with :02 left by kneeling. I guess normally after the ball is respotted....and five seconds into the play clock, the seconds would run off.....but in this instance, it was Dragon's ball on the HOU 23. Nine point deficit. Only right thing to do is to protest the finish and call the game a tie.
XFL games cannot end in ties.

Best-case scenario: Houston faces Seattle later in the season in Seattle. Prior to the game, they could line up at the Houston 23 for that single play, and play out the rest of the game if there were a touchdown. But remember, in order for the game result to be changed, you'd have to have a perfect chain of events:

- A 23-yard touchdown
- A successful three-yard conversion
- Seattle winning in the five-round shootout.

The chances of all three happening are not that great.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:08 am
Sounder wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:13 pm After coming to a clear understanding of the situation.....it was 4th down, so Walker turned the ball over with :02 left by kneeling. I guess normally after the ball is respotted....and five seconds into the play clock, the seconds would run off.....but in this instance, it was Dragon's ball on the HOU 23. Nine point deficit. Only right thing to do is to protest the finish and call the game a tie.
XFL games cannot end in ties.

Best-case scenario: Houston faces Seattle later in the season in Seattle. Prior to the game, they could line up at the Houston 23 for that single play, and play out the rest of the game if there were a touchdown. But remember, in order for the game result to be changed, you'd have to have a perfect chain of events:

- A 23-yard touchdown
- A successful three-yard conversion
- Seattle winning in the five-round shootout.

The chances of all three happening are not that great.
Agreed - it was a huge blunder - but low odds to be achieved. The Point spread covered and the o/u was already over so that wasn't in question either.

There is no way that an official blunder would result in a tie. It was bad, but it looked worse than it was.