Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Re: Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by BengalErnst »

First game I’ll be missing all season. Very sad about it, hope you guys provide great insight and updates here today. We have spring practice here.
Joker
Quarterback

Re: Game Thread: Seattle Dragons @ Houston Roughnecks Sat 7-Mar-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by Joker »

Brandon Silvers is out?
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

So, this ball spotter is on top of things. 6-7 seconds! All 3 Houston home game have had a great ball spotter. Probably the same guy in all 3 games.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Joker wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:58 pm Brandon Silvers is out?
Wonder whose decision that is. Running QB with an injury history.. wouldn’t want only one qb active
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

BengalErnst wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:36 am First game I’ll be missing all season. Very sad about it, hope you guys provide great insight and updates here today. We have spring practice here.
Sorry to hear that B.E. I've got you covered.

The weather in Houston is 60 degrees and cloudy. Crowd is looking pretty good and still filling in. Deshaun Watson and Kenny Moore II gave shout-outs to P.J. Walker on Twitter.

Roughnecks receive to start the game. Walker's first pass is a bomb downfield that's nearly picked off by Channing Stribling. Luckily the receiver was able to knock it out of his hands. From there, the dogfight is on. Daniels shows flashes of potential for Seattle but still has a ways to go. 0-0 halfway through the first quarter.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

I like how Houston broadcasted they were going deep on their first play of the game. How cocky is that?
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

Joker wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:20 pm I like how Houston broadcasted they were going deep on their first play of the game. How cocky is that?
Pretty damn cocky. Seattle made a strong statement by stopping them. I'm impressed with their hustle so far.

Big strip-sack of Walker gives the ball back to Seattle deep in Houston territory. First fumble they've lost all season. Dragons offense grinds the rest of the way as Daniels takes it in on 4th and goal! 2-point conversion is no good. 6-0 Seattle.
Last edited by StoneSentry on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

They showed Oiler legend Billy White Shoes Johnson talking to SuperCam this week

This Dragon D is comin for PJW, no joke

BJD kinda getting some Silveritis, maybe first start

Funny to see that Warriors (now with Steph back) vs Sixers is getting the "oh yeah we got this too" treatment from ABC, boy Mark Cuban really hasn't aged well (I realize that turned some of you off to my 2022 scenario, which was really only emergency anyway)
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Here's another one, show of hands who had the Dragons' Anthony Johnson being a bigger boss on D than "The Landlord" Anthony Johnson