AltHistory XFL

XFL Football discussion.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

AltHistory XFL

Post by BengalErnst »

I’m working on a alternate history/future for the XFL and I need some assistance.

Hook me up with players and coaches you think a 12 team XFL could acquire for year 2. I’m going to let year 1 completely play out before rolling out the work I’ve done so far but I’d like some of your thoughts.

Go crazy with the Tebow, Kaepernick and Manziel suggestions but I’d also love the more realistic ideas as well.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Re: AltHistory XFL

Post by Xtremedb3 »

Coaches

Chip Kelley
Wade Phillips
Jeff Fisher
Mike McCoy
Steve Wilks

Quarterbacks
JT Barrett
Paxton Lynch
Trace McSorley
Danny Etling
Joshua Dobbs
* Khalil Tate
* Kelly Bryant
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Those are some good names, some I haven’t thought of. And you can bet #1 overall XFL selection Scott Milanovich will be making the move back to the XFL for year 2!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Hop over to my site https://mgb01.proboards.com for a pretty good idea.

My XFL sim, now in its 20th season. So most of the originals are there, and actually if I wanted to I could line it up Originals and Newbs vice East and West. Only problems with that is 1)who the sixth original would be, I swapped Birmingham for Washington at the outset and just last year relocated Las Vegas to St. Louis, and 2)Affects some of the rivalries (War on I-4, Missouri Mayhem), if the league picked KC and Orlando as expansion cities they'd go in the East for just those reasons.

Players are mostly made up of day three picks, this last year I added second and third rounders (probably wouldn't happen in the real plan), and there are a few former first round picks from way back (LeSean McCoy, Patrick Peterson, Cam Jordan) hanging around back from when we had a totally different setup.

For players, well here are the league leaders (obviously you'll be able to tell which are out but prototype-wise who will be in as well as players who could realistically be in a 2021-beyond XFL)

PASSING: Case Keenum, Kyle Allen, Brian Hoyer, Brad Kaaya, Chad Henne
RUSHING: Miles Sanders, Gus Edwards, McCoy, Jordan Howard, Devonta Freeman
RECEIVING: Willie Snead, Taylor Gabriel, Deebo Samuel, Brandon Coleman, Tyreek Hill
SACKS: Dean Lowry, Shaq Barrett, Matt Judon, Dorance Armstrong, Geno Atkins
INTERCEPTIONS: Anthony Hitchens, Jalen Collins, Tedric Thompson
FUMBLE RECS: T.Y. McGill, Gerald Hodges, Tre Flowers
KICKING: Nick Folk
PUNTING: Tress Way
KICK RETURNS: Akeem Hunt
PUNT RETURNS: Artavis Scott

Coaches: I'll take out Matt Nagy, Ron Rivera, and Mike Mularkey (who was on the Falcons staff and retired in January), plus I lined up some coaches w the real thing, leaving

Rex Ryan
Darren Arbet (former ArenaBowl champion HC)
Kris Richard
Kevin Sumlin
Mike Jones (OC for the original Rage)

You can weed out where you see fit.
Last edited by MGB01 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

I really appreciate you notifying me of this. It’s pretty great. Thanks but unfortunately that link doesn’t work for me on my phone. Not sure why
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

BengalErnst wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:41 pm I really appreciate you notifying me of this. It’s pretty great. Thanks but unfortunately that link doesn’t work for me on my phone. Not sure why
Fixed it, try now
Hammerpgh
Receiver

Post by Hammerpgh »

I'm a bit confused :oops: How does this work.. looks really impressive but I can't work out how you do it doh.

Very familiar forums, I've got my own there too for motor racing.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Paul Johnson running the option with Keenan Reynolds at QB is my pet dream for 2021.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:55 pm Paul Johnson running the option with Keenan Reynolds at QB is my pet dream for 2021.
How about a Paul Johnson offense led by JT Barrett and Braxton Miller?
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Any new interest in this with the covid ruining this 2020 season? I would love for all you guys to drop me some name suggestions for the 2021 season. Any and all names would be real beneficial for me. Thanks