Battlehawks to open upper deck!!

XFL Football discussion.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Re: Battlehawks to open upper deck!!

Post by steinerfhc »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:40 pm There is zero evidence that Chicago can support an XFL team, so stop it with Chicago. The WFL, USFL and XFL 1.0 all failed in Chicago. This would be no different. They need to prove they can support alternative football, and so far they have not. My suggestion has been for the XFL to host a few neutral site games in Chicago, just to test the market to see if it works.
St. Louis having a team could spark that since as we see in the NHL and MLB. The NFL didn't because the whole AFC and NFC didn't allow much playing against each other. I think it could help having the natural rivalry
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

steinerfhc wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:37 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:40 pm There is zero evidence that Chicago can support an XFL team, so stop it with Chicago. The WFL, USFL and XFL 1.0 all failed in Chicago. This would be no different. They need to prove they can support alternative football, and so far they have not. My suggestion has been for the XFL to host a few neutral site games in Chicago, just to test the market to see if it works.
St. Louis having a team could spark that since as we see in the NHL and MLB. The NFL didn't because the whole AFC and NFC didn't allow much playing against each other. I think it could help having the natural rivalry
Bears fans didn't need a St. Louis team as a rival. Chicago's rivals are Detroit, Minnesota and Green Bay. That's more than enough for the Bears.
crixus
Rookie

Post by crixus »

St. Louis has the best fanbase in the XFL, which is evident by their attendance numbers. Opening the upper deck so soon is very impressive. Kudos to the Battlehawks fans. I'm one of them, but I live on the other side of the country. Ka-Kaw!
MidwestJimmy
Kicker

Post by MidwestJimmy »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:00 pm
MidwestJimmy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:44 am This story shows how much of a mistake it was to place seven of the eight XFL teams in NFL cities. The type of ticket demand in St. Louis could have been league-wide.
You're assuming a) that attendance is the league's priority and b) that demand in St Louis would be just as high in league devoid of Top 15 markets.

By placing teams in 7 NFL cities and STL, the XFL is saying that they believe that STL belongs in that club. I don't think interest would be as high in a league of Omahas and San Antonios.
I disagree about Omaha and San Antonio. Omaha drew pretty well when they were in a rinky-dink four team league. In an eight team league, attendance would be even higher. Also, SA drew well in the AAF (although it was based on only three games, I think).
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Right, but that's not my point. The question is if St. Louis is going to be as excited about a league full of AAA markets.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:27 pm Right, but that's not my point. The question is if St. Louis is going to be as excited about a league full of AAA markets.
And the answer is no they would not. Though SA is not Omaha. SA is small major, Omaha is AAA.