Coronavirus & XFL

XFL Football discussion.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Re: Coronavirus & XFL

Post by Metallifreak10 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:18 pm Update:
They've decided to play in an empty stadium. What a flipping waste.
I hope they consider a neutral site for their week 7 game. And hopefully by week 10, things are a bit better on the Coronavirus front.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm
I hope they consider a neutral site for their week 7 game. And hopefully by week 10, things are a bit better on the Coronavirus front.
ESPN said this morning that the Coronavirus could also impact the NFL Season, which is in September.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:55 pm
Metallifreak10 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:46 pm
ESPN said this morning that the Coronavirus could also impact the NFL Season, which is in September.
“Could” is very speculative. The 6 types of Coronavirus do respond negatively to warm and humid weather. So let’s cross our fingers that that Convid-19 is at the very least weakened by the warmer months.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

First of all.....how sad is it that this has to be the topic at the top of the page.
Even if they switched.....I doubt much would change by week 9.....they'll play in a empty venue. I myself am feeling mighty uncomfortable around here as the public freakout has reached pure madness level. And there's not a whole lot the media is doing except making it worse. Heck, I'd even consider suspending the season for now and either picking it back up later in spring if things calm down....or cancel the rest altogther. It wouldn't mean the league folds. This is serious. Even the Mariners will not be playing baseball here for some time. They may open the season in Peoria.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

There goes my tourney

#TTHW
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Well I guess this yeR's season tix money will be going to next seasons, what a bummer! I thought between Daniels and thev fans, we might have won this werkend. SIGH...
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Sounder wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:10 pm First of all.....how sad is it that this has to be the topic at the top of the page.
Even if they switched.....I doubt much would change by week 9.....they'll play in a empty venue. I myself am feeling mighty uncomfortable around here as the public freakout has reached pure madness level. And there's not a whole lot the media is doing except making it worse. Heck, I'd even consider suspending the season for now and either picking it back up later in spring if things calm down....or cancel the rest altogther. It wouldn't mean the league folds. This is serious. Even the Mariners will not be playing baseball here for some time. They may open the season in Peoria.
Society needs a nice diversion, something to reassure us that we can go on with our lives. They're cancelling all that and telling us to stay away from each other. This is exactly why there is panic!
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tampa Bay Vipers could be under the same situation this weekend as well.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion