XFL2020 City Team Name Suggestions

XFL Football discussion.
User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by MikeMitchell » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:51 pm
XFL_FAN wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:18 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:47 am
Just a quick update.

XFLShop.com is going to start selling team gear this coming Wednesday. I doubt that they have names and logos already set up but hey it's possible. They have had nearly a year of fans suggesting team names for potential markets.
What else would they be selling? T-shirts that say "XFL St. Louis" or something like that? I think it's likely they have the logos and names set.
Maybe we are reading too much into it but they might have names already. That would be a huge story.

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by XFL_FAN » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm

Maybe we are reading too much into it but they might have names already. That would be a huge story.
Definitely huge, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. What if the 8 teams that leaked were fake and a couple of them changed? Now that would be an interesting storyline. Probably not going to happen though... :?:
Playoffs are still in sight ;)

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by MikeMitchell » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 pm

XFL_FAN wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm
Maybe we are reading too much into it but they might have names already. That would be a huge story.
Definitely huge, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. What if the 8 teams that leaked were fake and a couple of them changed? Now that would be an interesting storyline. Probably not going to happen though... :?:
There is a rumor going around that The XFL has trademarked a bunch of names. It's possible that they would put them up for a fan vote. So if any of them are not accepted. The league would still own the names for future use.

Some names that are rumored are Seattle Steelheads(like the fish) and Houston Roughnecks. I don't know how true the rumors are. We will find out more tomorrow afternoon.

User avatar
Regular Joe
Quarterback
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by Regular Joe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 pm

MikeMitchell wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 pm
XFL_FAN wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm
Maybe we are reading too much into it but they might have names already. That would be a huge story.
Definitely huge, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. What if the 8 teams that leaked were fake and a couple of them changed? Now that would be an interesting storyline. Probably not going to happen though... :?:
There is a rumor going around that The XFL has trademarked a bunch of names. It's possible that they would put them up for a fan vote. So if any of them are not accepted. The league would still own the names for future use.

Some names that are rumored are Seattle Steelheads(like the fish) and Houston Roughnecks. I don't know how true the rumors are. We will find out more tomorrow afternoon.
I hope they keep the Xtreme & Hitmen names. It would be nice to see the Xtreme defend their title.

I liked the Hitman logo & colors too. Got both jerseys.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Regular Joe wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:38 pm
MikeMitchell wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 pm
XFL_FAN wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:53 pm


Definitely huge, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. What if the 8 teams that leaked were fake and a couple of them changed? Now that would be an interesting storyline. Probably not going to happen though... :?:
There is a rumor going around that The XFL has trademarked a bunch of names. It's possible that they would put them up for a fan vote. So if any of them are not accepted. The league would still own the names for future use.

Some names that are rumored are Seattle Steelheads(like the fish) and Houston Roughnecks. I don't know how true the rumors are. We will find out more tomorrow afternoon.
I hope they keep the Xtreme & Hitmen names. It would be nice to see the Xtreme defend their title.

I liked the Hitman logo & colors too. Got both jerseys.
If the XFL put names up for a vote and on their list for New York is Hitmen and on the list for LA is Xtreme. Those two might get voted in by the fans. Not sure if The New XFL wants those names again or not. They want everything about the league to be new and I think they want to shake the old image.

User avatar
Regular Joe
Quarterback
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by Regular Joe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Dallas Desperados is cool, but I think Jerry Jones or someone owns that name.

Houston Oilers - Let em sue

LAX - Gotta let the Xtreme defend their title.

NY - Drop the NJ. Keep the Hitmen. Knights is cool and they were a arena team at MSG back in the 90s. Unis looked like the team on Any Given Sunday

St. Louis - Gamblers

Seattle - I dunno

Tampa Bay Bandits - Ah, history.

DC - Washington Americans. Liked that idea.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by XFL_FAN » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Regular Joe wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 pm
Dallas Desperados is cool, but I think Jerry Jones or someone owns that name.

Houston Oilers - Let em sue

LAX - Gotta let the Xtreme defend their title.

NY - Drop the NJ. Keep the Hitmen. Knights is cool and they were a arena team at MSG back in the 90s. Unis looked like the team on Any Given Sunday

St. Louis - Gamblers

Seattle - I dunno

Tampa Bay Bandits - Ah, history.

DC - Washington Americans. Liked that idea.


I had this idea that the LA and NY teams could wear the Xtreme and hitmen throwbacks when they play each other in 2020, no matter what team name they have come 2020. That would be cool.
Playoffs are still in sight ;)

User avatar
Regular Joe
Quarterback
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by Regular Joe » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Anybody know how to research what names WWE or Alpha have trademarked?
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.

User avatar
MikeMitchell
XFLBoard Correspondent
Posts: 2133
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:28 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by MikeMitchell » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:25 pm

Regular Joe wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:57 pm
Anybody know how to research what names WWE or Alpha have trademarked?
You can use google to find trademark search engine sites. Perhaps you can stumble upon some names.

I know that it was reported that Vince McMahon trademarked The United Football League when it was abandoned but ultimately decided to use the xfl name again.

User avatar
XFL_FAN
Coach
Posts: 943
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: XFL2020 City Team Name Speculation & Suggestions

Post by XFL_FAN » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:53 am

https://trademarks.justia.com/search?ty ... mark_owner

I went looking for trademarks and I found that "Vipers" is still trademarked by the XFL.

Other things:

Voyage Pictures?-Not sure what that is but it is filed as:
Entertainment services, namely motion picture and video production


Journey Entertainment?-Same thing:

Entertainment services, namely motion picture and video production


And Alterverse:

Computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; Computer game programmes downloadable via the Internet


So no real hints I could find on team names, but Vipers is on the table as a possibility...
Playoffs are still in sight ;)

Post Reply