Quinton Flowers requests trade from Tampa Bay Vipers

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Report: Quinton Flowers requests release from Tampa Bay Vipers

Post by MGB01 »

Well Q wouldn't be the first 'slash' QB to overrate himself (Taysom Hill anybody?)

During the game thread there were all sorts of comments on Flowers' lack of pocket presence, but the point was for him to jumpstart the offense, and for two quarters it worked with Corndog. The point of people who wanted Flowers in on that goal-to-go series wasn't for his passing.
Sacramento XFL
Receiver

Post by Sacramento XFL »

Vipers overall are a good team. But yes, Trestman is terrible. As for Flowers, he wasn't good either. Just give Corndog all the reps and he will get better. The main reason they liked Flowers was the South Florida connection.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

Was I right about Corn Dog or was I right? That kids got something
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

DC defenders are pretty anemic at the moment, any QB would look pretty stellar against them
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

He knows there's no other jobs right? He is basically saying "I quit football". Green Bay is going to pick him up?
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
XFLGUY
Quarterback

Post by XFLGUY »

maybe he's buying into the rumors that Jameis is on his way out with the Buccaneers and has plans to fill out an application with them? lol..
XFLGUY
Quarterback

Post by XFLGUY »

https://twitter.com/DannyJonesXFL/statu ... 1176537089

he's apparently requesting a trade out of Tampa. Supposedly he was almost traded to NY last night but it fell through.
Vipers6
Receiver

Post by Vipers6 »

XFLGUY wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:09 pm https://twitter.com/DannyJonesXFL/statu ... 1176537089

he's apparently requesting a trade out of Tampa. Supposedly he was almost traded to NY last night but it fell through.
Good riddance. Q was a gimmick QB anyway. I didn't mind using him here or there,trying to get him the ball some, using him in the slot or out wide, occasionally putting him behind center, but Corndog and Murray are both better "true" QBs. Tampa wasn't going to win week in and week out with Q playing full time at QB.

He was a gimmick change of pace kind of guy. His public expression of discontent wasn't beneficial to anyone.

Time to move on Q.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Quinton Flowers requests trade from Tampa Bay Vipers

Post by MGB01 »

He's starting to remind me of Seneca Wallace, except Wallace was decent. If Wallace is your starter, that means you got problems (2008-09 when Hasselbeck was hurt, briefly in 2013 for Aaron Rodgers).

And what exactly does he think Williams is for NY?

I think we have our secret leak from a couple weeks back.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Quinton Flowers requests trade from Tampa Bay Vipers

Post by GregParks »

Flowers met with the media today. Per a tweet by Eduardo Encina (@EddieInTheYard) of the TB Times:

"Quinton Flowers just spoke to the media. Said he did ask to be traded, but also said he wants to be here in Tampa. Ended by saying he will do whatever he's asked to do, including playing RB. Said whatever happens happens."
@gregmparks