Week 4 Attendance

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Week 4 Attendance

Post by MGB01 »

If ratings show anything it's that the original premise about the AAF was right: Give the viewer somewhere to go and he'll watch, CBSSN and NFLN aren't my idea of following up, whereas TNT was fine (unfortunately TNT was originally only there to hype B/R Live).

Now teams are starting to get followings, which is why LA/NY could get ugly while SEA/STL could go up.

Chalk rules, it's why Celtics/Lakers did big numbers on ABC while not 24 hours earlier Sixers/Bucks was meh (another reason why the NBA will steer Giannis out to the Warriors this summer but that's another discussion), why a few March Madness upsets will be acceptable but anything like Boise in 2001 (in which Maryland was the only single digit seed to advance out of the first round) will never happen again.
strider6
Linebacker

Post by strider6 »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:12 pm New York 13,400
Tampa Bay 13,600
St Louis 28,800
Dallas 18,500

Total 74,300.
these figures seem realistic, moreso than mine. Lets hope NY/TB can manage to draw those numbers. I think STL is a lock for 28K if not more. I would like to see Dallas hit 20K but your 18.5 seems more reachable...We'll see soon!
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

HVGuardian wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:03 pm I think your overall number is pretty realistic. New Yorkers are turning on the Guardians already and Tampa has a better than expected showing for the home opener. I am not sure the Battledome sells out again either, maybe slightly shy. Here are my predictions

NY - 12k
Tampa - 15k
Dallas - 20k
St. Louis -24k

Adds up to about 71k which, all things considered, I think is still very good. Many of the AAF games hovered around 10k and often times showed inflated attendance numbers. The XFL appears to be putting butts in seats!
Actual attendance

NY -12,116
Tampa - 12,249
Dallas - 18,322
STL - 27,527

Total- 70,214

Not bad for a week with Tampa and NY home along with the cold weather in NY. Now that Tampa and NY both won and weather will be warmer in NY going forward, hopefully we will see a few more butts in the seats in those stadiums.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

HVGuardian wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm
HVGuardian wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:03 pm I think your overall number is pretty realistic. New Yorkers are turning on the Guardians already and Tampa has a better than expected showing for the home opener. I am not sure the Battledome sells out again either, maybe slightly shy. Here are my predictions

NY - 12k
Tampa - 15k
Dallas - 20k
St. Louis -24k

Adds up to about 71k which, all things considered, I think is still very good. Many of the AAF games hovered around 10k and often times showed inflated attendance numbers. The XFL appears to be putting butts in seats!
Actual attendance

NY -12,116
Tampa - 12,249
Dallas - 18,322
STL - 27,527

Total- 70,214

Not bad for a week with Tampa and NY home along with the cold weather in NY. Now that Tampa and NY both won and weather will be warmer in NY going forward, hopefully we will see a few more butts in the seats in those stadiums.
17500 avgerage is good, but like to see min of 15k all games. That will be tough in LA/NY/DC and TB.

NY is still alive, I'm now worried about DC - they look lost after week 2. NY may have found the winning formula, steady QB play, run the ball and very good D. That might get them to 5 wins.

TB and LA on the rise, that late Sunday night game next week is going to be a lot of fun. Winner here Very much alive, and loser is not out. Attendance may pick up in these towns.

With DC imploding and Dallas losing Jones (DAMN it!) everything is wide open.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

The good/great news is that the markets seem to be responding to winning, with Houston opening the upper deck and St. Louis being such a hot ticket. Obviously a lot of football left to play, but if Houston and St. Louis are hosting the semifinals, we should be able to end on a very high note.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:23 pm
HVGuardian wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm

NY - 12k
Tampa - 15k
Dallas - 20k
St. Louis -24k

Actual attendance

NY -12,116
Tampa - 12,249
Dallas - 18,322
STL - 27,527

Total- 70,214

17500 avgerage is good, but like to see min of 15k all games. That will be tough in LA/NY/DC and TB.

NY is still alive, I'm now worried about DC - they look lost after week 2. NY may have found the winning formula, steady QB play, run the ball and very good D. That might get them to 5 wins.

TB and LA on the rise, that late Sunday night game next week is going to be a lot of fun. Winner here Very much alive, and loser is not out. Attendance may pick up in these towns.

With DC imploding and Dallas losing Jones (DAMN it!) everything is wide open.

If there was a week for the Cats to be on the road this was it, with the Clips at home, LAFC home opener, and LeBron vs Zion in prime time (which is why I don't really care about the rating for DC/Vipers since it was more or less ESPN backup programming).

Next week Clips/Lakers matinee, with Cats well afterwards.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Well, just bought 4 tickets to the Battlehawks final home game in week 10 on April 12th. I’m from the Chicago area, but me and my brother are going down there to hang out with a good friend and his wife. Should be fun. Hopefully something is on the line for that game.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

BTW the home team is now 11-5, with all five road wins involving the Texas teams. So good news for DC and LA (play neither), who could really stand for some homecookin'

Also seeing that the home team has yet to sweep the weekend, will also be good news for either Seattle or New York.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:26 pm BTW the home team is now 11-5, with all five road wins involving the Texas teams. So good news for DC and LA (play neither), who could really stand for some homecookin'

Also seeing that the home team has yet to sweep the weekend, will also be good news for either Seattle or New York.
If I had to pick I'd say the Guardians have the better chance of the two (obviously).
Ready for the team reveals...again
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

I agree. Especially with Landry Jones hurt.