Week 4 Attendance

XFL Football discussion.
strider6
Linebacker

Week 4 Attendance

Post by strider6 »

First off hi guys, ive been following the league since McMahon announced it back in Jan 2018. At first i was skeptical given the first XFL failure however after hearing no wrestling elements would be part of the deal i became an instant fan. Which leads to now, ive been impressed by the first 3 weeks. Better football than last years AAF and the fans are showing up reaching up to 81 K this week!!. The games have been good and entertaining ive been on the edge of my seat every game ive watched so far even the routes. Attendance climbing every week.....do we see a drop off next week?

think about it for a minute

LA @NY
Seattle @ StL
Houston @ Dallas
DC @ Tampa

The games in Tampa and NY alone worry me...
Hou/Dallas is worthy of at least 20K but will the Dallas fans step it up??
StL, are they gonna open up more seats?

So with that being said....I'm calling for each game

10K NY
10K TB
20K Dallas
30K STL

That would be 70K, a drop off but would that be considered drastic?

Chime in folks...
HVGuardian
Receiver

Re: Week 4 Attendance

Post by HVGuardian »

I think your overall number is pretty realistic. New Yorkers are turning on the Guardians already and Tampa has a better than expected showing for the home opener. I am not sure the Battledome sells out again either, maybe slightly shy. Here are my predictions

NY - 12k
Tampa - 15k
Dallas - 20k
St. Louis -24k

Adds up to about 71k which, all things considered, I think is still very good. Many of the AAF games hovered around 10k and often times showed inflated attendance numbers. The XFL appears to be putting butts in seats!
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

New York 13,400
Tampa Bay 13,600
St Louis 28,800
Dallas 18,500

Total 74,300.
Sacramento XFL
Receiver

Post by Sacramento XFL »

I'm really interested in the Dal v Hou game. Game 1 had no Landry Jones. And after 3 weeks, the Renegades look good and Houston looks great. So here's your in state rivalry game. I'm hoping for 20K. But it also might be 15K.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Sacramento XFL wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm I'm really interested in the Dal v Hou game. Game 1 had no Landry Jones. And after 3 weeks, the Renegades look good and Houston looks great. So here's your in state rivalry game. I'm hoping for 20K. But it also might be 15K.
Yeah, the Texas matchups could be two of the best games of the regular season.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Vipers6
Receiver

Post by Vipers6 »

Quick question for those that have followed the XFL for longer than I have.

What's the angst about Tampa attendance? I thought the turnout last week was solid and is only going to get better. Spring football was a HUGE success in Tampa with the Bandits. The team is in a great football "footprint" in that area of the country. The weather is perfect, product affordable.

What am I missing?
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Vipers6 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 am Quick question for those that have followed the XFL for longer than I have.

What's the angst about Tampa attendance? I thought the turnout last week was solid and is only going to get better. Spring football was a HUGE success in Tampa with the Bandits. The team is in a great football "footprint" in that area of the country. The weather is perfect, product affordable.

What am I missing?
The angst is based the poor performance of the team.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Uh, I think it's a combination of advance ticket sales being sluggish before their first game and them having such a big (and red) stadium to fill. The crowd definitely exceeded my expectations. The team being 0-3 isn't helpful, but if those fans had a good time and come back, they'll be fine.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:41 am
Vipers6 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:03 am Quick question for those that have followed the XFL for longer than I have.

What am I missing?
I 100% agree. If the team was doing well, there wouldn’t be as much of a problem. LA is really the only city that will have attendance issues regardless of how well the play is.
Vipers6
Receiver

Post by Vipers6 »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:41 am

What am I missing?
Short sighted. Last week leading up to the home opener there was hand wringing about the crowd when they were coming off the road 0-2. They drew well in the opener and my sense is that is only going to get better. A new league, a new team, great/knowledgeable football area. I'm not worried.