AAF

XFL Football discussion.
Sacramento XFL
Receiver

Re: AAF

Post by Sacramento XFL »

I agree on "just 2 more teams" and they need to be 2 "big TV Markets". Here's what I have to balance out East and West.

West is Easy. A San Francisco Bay area team - I think its the 5 or 6 biggest TV market. Oakland Raiders just left. There is a 18,000 seat MLS stadium to play in San Jose. Great built in rivalry with LA.

East. Tough because of weather and attendance. But just go Chicago. Number 3 TV market. Networks love that. And you can use the 20,000 seat old MLS stadium out in the suburbs of Bridgeview.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Sacramento XFL wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:32 pm I agree on "just 2 more teams" and they need to be 2 "big TV Markets". Here's what I have to balance out East and West.

West is Easy. A San Francisco Bay area team - I think its the 5 or 6 biggest TV market. Oakland Raiders just left. There is a 18,000 seat MLS stadium to play in San Jose. Great built in rivalry with LA.

East. Tough because of weather and attendance. But just go Chicago. Number 3 TV market. Networks love that. And you can use the 20,000 seat old MLS stadium out in the suburbs of Bridgeview.
And I’m likely to go to more games in Bridgeview versus Soldier Field, so I support that lol. I’d probably get season tickets at Seatgeek stadium, but probably go to just a game a year at Soldier Field.
Sacramento XFL
Receiver

Post by Sacramento XFL »

Nice....see we can totally figure this out for next year! lol
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:00 am
Sacramento XFL wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:32 pm I agree on "just 2 more teams" and they need to be 2 "big TV Markets". Here's what I have to balance out East and West.

And I’m likely to go to more games in Bridgeview versus Soldier Field, so I support that lol. I’d probably get season tickets at Seatgeek stadium, but probably go to just a game a year at Soldier Field.
You almost wonder if having BYU/NIU in October there is almost a test run for just this. Seatgeek isn't much bigger, if at all, than NIU's stadium.

I'm not big on expansion for '21 but the two big musts if so are a third west coast team and either Chicago or KC as a STL rival (which both are natural)
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

I think 2 teams would be the number if they add in the second year, then again I wouldn't be shocked if they make sure year 2 is successful. These are 2 good picks. Chicago weather is whatever but it's football and the NFL played in some bad conditions just as much. Now the rivalry stand point would be great with St. Louis because as we seen in the NHL and MLB St. Louis vs. Chicago always rival. I can see this being more the same.

Another factor is what we learned also from the BattleHawks game is a there was also a lot of Midwest fans making the trip to St. Louis for that game. So clearly there is a market in just the Midwest in general.

As for the West. San Diego would be another good place to hit. Try going for another none NFL market like St. Louis was and also what will draw is when there less sports competing for the fans. Why Seattle we seeing so much success? Good fans and nothing else is playing unlike MLS starts and the NHL comes in later.

San Diego lost a team as well for the wrong reasons much like St. Louis. XFL could pickup a lot of the markets the AAF picked because there was good choices made and XFL may picked someone of them if there was no AAF. XFL was prepared and ready to launch. AAF wasn't which was smart on the Vince side to have two years to build it before they took field allowing Luck to put together the whole foundation and really work out the TV deals and ext.

Keep in mind I believe Vince has 3 yrs invested in this. It will work fine as long the network partners are happy and will give them paying TV deals after the season.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Philly and SF
Alternates
Phoenix and Atlanta

Detroit or Minn if they still want MIdwest and need a Dome

No expansion in 2021