Game Thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Tampa Bay Vipers Sat 22-Feb-20 2PM ET on ABC

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Game Thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Tampa Bay Vipers Sat 22-Feb-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by Tank55 »

Was out and about, but got to watch big chunks of it. Was hoping Tampa could get a win, but glad it was a good game and the Vipers scored some points. Thrilled with the crowd; I hope everyone had a good time.

The Vipers' uniform is so bad, and it looks even worse against red seats. Just putting white pants with the green jerseys would be a big help.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Re: Game Thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Tampa Bay Vipers Sat 22-Feb-20 2PM ET on ABC

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Watching the game now. Honestly I think that's a fumble by Walker. I get why they didn't call it, but he obviously tripped. They should probably clarify the rule going forward.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Hammerpgh
Receiver

Post by Hammerpgh »

What a terrific game that was. Just finished watching the final 20 minutes that I missed last night.

Agree with earlier comments that Flowers should have been in on those goal line players. Could have been a different story then but with this Houston offence it still might not have been enough.

Walker and Phillips combo is just awesome. They've got to get their NFL chances after what they've shown in these first three weeks.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

This might have been the XFL’s best game so far. I dislike the rotation system at Quarterback. I know that Cornelius actually made some good plays but Trestman should have kept Flowers in there. I have a feeling that Tampa will go back to Murray when he is healthy.
Hammerpgh
Receiver

Post by Hammerpgh »

Flowers looked really good while he was in ski it did surprise me also that Cornelius came straight back. He did play well though, other than that pick although clearly he expected the back to be there.