Game Thread: Dallas Renegades @ Seattle Dragons Sat 22-Feb-20 5PM ET on FOX

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Game Thread: Dallas Renegades @ Seattle Dragons Sat 22-Feb-20 5PM ET on FOX

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:37 am
LeoNY wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:59 am I think Dallas is going to continue to get better. The west looks like a two horse race to me. The week 4 game in Dallas with Houston should be great.
It does look like Dallas v Houston, BUT it is not over and the teams are starting to gel. Seattle has a QB issue and they did a poor job coaching around it. esp late down 21/12 not going for the FG was idiotic always keep it to a one score game (yes a 9 point td can happen but don't count on it), that let the game get away.
Seattle needs to be a run first team and work Slivers in, he looked better for sure. Next week likely better.
Zorn was with the Seahawks when Mike Holmgren did that in 2007, trailing the Saints by 11 with under five minutes left and going for it instead of sending Josh Brown out (and then Nate Burleson totally botches a TD route). Proof that not all the stupid that rubbed off on him came from Danny Boy.
Didn't holgrem blow a game against Chicago in the playoffs too? My memory is meh.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game Thread: Dallas Renegades @ Seattle Dragons Sat 22-Feb-20 5PM ET on FOX

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:39 pm
MGB01 wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 pm
4th&long wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:37 am

It does look like Dallas v Houston, BUT it is not over and the teams are starting to gel. Seattle has a QB issue and they did a poor job coaching around it. esp late down 21/12 not going for the FG was idiotic always keep it to a one score game (yes a 9 point td can happen but don't count on it), that let the game get away.
Seattle needs to be a run first team and work Slivers in, he looked better for sure. Next week likely better.
Zorn was with the Seahawks when Mike Holmgren did that in 2007, trailing the Saints by 11 with under five minutes left and going for it instead of sending Josh Brown out (and then Nate Burleson totally botches a TD route). Proof that not all the stupid that rubbed off on him came from Danny Boy.
Didn't holgrem blow a game against Chicago in the playoffs too? My memory is meh.
He famously let Terrell Davis score on third down in the Super Bowl thinking it was second, but for the Chicago game he just ran Chris Spencer over with the bus while it was Hasselbeck who botched the snap (a clean handoff and Shaun Alexander runs it in for six, or at least gets the first down and sets up a game winner for Brown)