Johnny Manziel begs Oliver Luck to take him into the XFL

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Johnny Manziel begs Oliver Luck to take him into the XFL

Post by MarkNelson »

BengalErnst wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:24 pm I’m actually one of the few XFL fans that wouldn’t mind bringing in Johnny. But we don’t NEED him. He can earn a shot thru team 9 tho. Tommy Armstrong I heard may have just signed on with team 9 also?
I agree, but I really think this league could use a shot of Johnny Manziel to boost fan interest. The XFL needs to keep making waves just to keep themselves relevant in some big television markets. They can't rely on huge fan-interest in St. Louis and Seattle to carry them nationally.

One problem is the Texas teams are doing great, and really don't need him, which is where I would see Manziel make the most impact to fan interest.

We will see today, but Tampa already needs QB help. Today, the situation may get worse. (I hope not)
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MarkNelson wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:11 pm
BengalErnst wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:24 pm I’m actually one of the few XFL fans that wouldn’t mind bringing in Johnny. But we don’t NEED him. He can earn a shot thru team 9 tho. Tommy Armstrong I heard may have just signed on with team 9 also?
I agree, but I really think this league could use a shot of Johnny Manziel to boost fan interest. The XFL needs to keep making waves just to keep themselves relevant in some big television markets. They can't rely on huge fan-interest in St. Louis and Seattle to carry them nationally.

One problem is the Texas teams are doing great, and really don't need him, which is where I would see Manziel make the most impact to fan interest.

We will see today, but Tampa already needs QB help. Today, the situation may get worse. (I hope not)
Indeed.

He's not going to Dallas, since they have Landry Jones and Moose loathes him. Houston would have been the ideal spot for him prior to the season, but PJ Walker is playing out of his mind right now.

I think at this point Seattle might be his best option. He and Brandon Silvers were a good tandem in Memphis the short time they were together: Manziel is a more mobile QB compared to the traditional pocket-passer Silvers.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

I think either Tampa or NY for him. NY could then move one of their QBs to Tampa so both teams could benefit
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:24 pm

Indeed.

He's not going to Dallas, since they have Landry Jones and Moose loathes him. Houston would have been the ideal spot for him prior to the season, but PJ Walker is playing out of his mind right now.

I think at this point Seattle might be his best option. He and Brandon Silvers were a good tandem in Memphis the short time they were together: Manziel is a more mobile QB compared to the traditional pocket-passer Silvers.
Might make sense, it is the site of probably his finest hour in the NFL when he led the Browns to an opening drive TD vs the Hawks D (#1 DVOA) and might have had a ton more if his receivers could catch. Could get him going again.

But do you bump BJ for him?
KJE
Running Back

Post by KJE »

BengalErnst wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:05 pm I think either Tampa or NY for him. NY could then move one of their QBs to Tampa so both teams could benefit
Trestman would never go for him.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

"Begs" seems like an overstatement, but the fact that he can't even handle his Twitter account says everything about why he's probably had his last chance at real football. Such a shame -- I enjoyed watching him play.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

BengalErnst wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:11 am Sign him and Mallet to team 9 on Monday
I’ve been saying all along Team 9 should have a distinct uni and identity for marketing and this exact type of thing. Don’t bring in these guys until they work out (on team9). You’ll get cameras at practice and more things to talk about during actual games (fans can buy manziel team9 jerseys for now). If they don’t ball on team9, then it dies there, free publicity. If they make it, win win!
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Manziel's Twitter account is restored, but the tweet asking Oliver Luck to send him an XFL contract has been deleted. Instead, Manziel says he loves tolling, and he has no interest to play football these days.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.27 KiB) Viewed 1708 times
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Clearly he watching the league, and probably kicking himself for not making it happen sooner. Would have been a fit for him in Houston (Aggie country), but PJ is absolutely killing it there. Can’t help to thing, he’s looking at PJ thinking that could have been him.
Maybe next year.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:06 am Manziel's Twitter account is restored, but the tweet asking Oliver Luck to send him an XFL contract has been deleted. Instead, Manziel says he loves tolling, and he has no interest to play football these days.
Man this guy is a douche, now he's just trollin? Maybe or maybe he's just jealous that he's not playing...