Anonymous XFL Player Rips Team’s Head Coach (TB)

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Anonymous XFL Player Rips Team’s Head Coach (TB)

Post by 4th&long »

>>Anonymous XFL Player Rips Team’s Head Coach<<

https://thespun.com/xfl/anonymous-xfl-p ... head-coach

>> Unfortunately, it sounds like one current XFL head coach might not be long for his team. According to a report from Danny Jones of the The Other League and XFL podcast, one team has already complained about its head coach.

Jones reported the Tampa Bay Vipers, who sit 0-2 on the season, are turning on head coach Marc Trestman. The Vipers have scored just 12 points in total after two games, despite having an “offensive-minded” head coach.

The players, per the report, made it clear Trestman needs to change the way he runs his offense. The comments from his team are troubling at best, especially considering the league has only been around for a few weeks.

“He’s too f***ing stubborn to change. S***, just admit defeat and change. He’s gonna get my a** cut,” one player allegedly said.<<

This was one hire I didn't like and after watching him not score when they had a 1st and goal from the 15Inch line it made things clear. Coaches who can't successfully call a QB sneak from less than a yard out ARE stubborn IMO. McDaniels cost NE against Tennessee and Trestman found a way to avoid the endzone as well. I believe this report after watching that.
TrueViper
Receiver

Re: Anonymous XFL Player Rips Team’s Head Coach (TB)

Post by TrueViper »

4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:50 pm >>Anonymous XFL Player Rips Team’s Head Coach<<

>> Unfortunately, it sounds like one current XFL head coach might not be long for his team. According to a report from Danny Jones of the The Other League and XFL podcast, one team has already complained about its head coach.

Jones reported the Tampa Bay Vipers, who sit 0-2 on the season, are turning on head coach Marc Trestman. The Vipers have scored just 12 points in total after two games, despite having an “offensive-minded” head coach.

The players, per the report, made it clear Trestman needs to change the way he runs his offense. The comments from his team are troubling at best, especially considering the league has only been around for a few weeks.

“He’s too f***ing stubborn to change. S***, just admit defeat and change. He’s gonna get my a** cut,” one player allegedly said.<<

This was one hire I didn't like and after watching him not score when they had a 1st and goal from the 15Inch line it made things clear. Coaches who can't successfully call a QB sneak from less than a yard out ARE stubborn IMO. McDaniels cost NE against Tennessee and Trestman found a way to avoid the endzone as well. I believe this report after watching that.
Hopefully player A is proven wrong this weekend!
EnLiteEndOne
Kicker

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

TrueViper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:06 pm
4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:50 pm >>Anonymous XFL Player Rips Team’s Head Coach<<

:lol: :lol: :lol:
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Trestman has to get the job done. I'd have spurrier on speed dial for 2021
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

4th&long wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:45 pm

https://thespun.com/xfl/anonymous-xfl-play

Trestman has to get the job done. I'd have spurrier on speed dial for 2021
Perhaps they should get him on speed dial this week.....if they want to sell tickets that is. It's too bad.....this team was supposed to be better.
XFLGUY
Quarterback

Post by XFLGUY »

Spurrier in Tampa Bay would be ideal but according to the interview he gave in the link below it doesn’t seem like he’s going to coach again. That’s not to say he couldn’t be talked out of it if the situation in Tampa felt right to him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wltx. ... d9e8ee77de
ozzies09tc
Receiver

Post by ozzies09tc »

probably bc their logo is lame :P
ethanyeary
Kicker

Post by ethanyeary »

Anyone have any guesses on who it is?
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

Trestman doesn't have a QB so I do think that's unfair.

Flowers has played and played horribly, I don't understand why people think he's the answer.

I hate that people compare him to Lamar Jackson and saying just convert the offense into that style.

2 issues

1 Lamar Jackson is a great talent.

2 The QB room has nobody in that mold outside of flowers

Flowers accuracy was pretty off and obviously there's no confidence there or else he wouldn't be trading snaps with a true rookie.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Not to excuse EH coaching (the year the Argos won the Grey Cup they won a weak east at .500 and pulled two upsets) but shouldn't execution be an issue? Why doesn't he go to Cornelius or Murray about how he can't just drop in a simple pass?

Besides, Smith and Patrick have been killing it, why not ride them--especially in a game in the city where RUN FROM THE ONE DAMMIT!!!!! has become a call to arms for the last five years? Although, on the throw, much like the Frazier pick-six, I'd have rather Smith run it up the gut. He gets stopped he gets stopped, bitch at your OL.