Week 2 TV Ratings

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Week 2 TV Ratings

Post by 4th&long »

Week 2 TV ratings starting to trickle in (slowwwwly)

Seattle market sees bump up for Dragons game despite 29k at the game - a huge XFL/Dragon achievement

https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/ ... 3418153985

>> an 18.8% increase in viewers from its first week <<
Vipers6
Receiver

Re: Week 2 TV Ratings

Post by Vipers6 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm Week 2 TV ratings starting to trickle in (slowwwwly)

Seattle market sees bump up for Dragons game despite 29k at the game - a huge XFL/Dragon achievement

Very good news. I hope Sunday won't pull down the overall league ratings too much. Stiff competition with the Daytona 500 and the NBA All-Star game. If overall ratings don't dip too much, that's a great sign for the league.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Vipers6 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:46 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm Week 2 TV ratings starting to trickle in (slowwwwly)

Very good news. I hope Sunday won't pull down the overall league ratings too much. Stiff competition with the Daytona 500 and the NBA All-Star game. If overall ratings don't dip too much, that's a great sign for the league.
Wonder if the race being rained out affected things at all.
Vipers6
Receiver

Post by Vipers6 »

Sounder wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:17 pm

I guess we will see. I would guess quite a few NASCAR folks would be distracted with waiting to see if they would race or not, wondering if that may have lowered the pool of XFL watchers - even casual or curious watchers. Seattle's TV numbers were awesome to see!
sergeantcline_vdf
Kicker

Post by sergeantcline_vdf »

Sounder wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Hell I had race recording and I was watching the XFL
4th&long
MVP

D.C. Defenders see slight drop in ratings

Post by 4th&long »

Good ratings in DC/St L - overall not yet out....

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... l-generat/

>> Ratings and attendance were down slightly in the District, but overall, the fledgling football league continued to build upon the buzz of its debut a week earlier.

According to Nielsen data, the Defenders’ local rating peaked at 3.8, down from 4.0 from Week 1. That still outperformed other sporting events, like track and field on NBC.

In St. Louis, Sunday’s game between the St. Louis BattleHawks and the Houston Roughnecks actually drew a local rating of 6.0 — far surpassing a hockey game between the defending-champion St. Louis Blues and the Nashville Predators on at the same time, according to sports anchor Frank Cusumano, from St. Louis’ NBC affiliate. The Blues’ game drew a 3.1 rating. <<
Vipers6
Receiver

Re: D.C. Defenders see slight drop in ratings

Post by Vipers6 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm Good ratings in DC/St L - overall not yet out....

>> Ratings and attendance were down slightly in the District, but overall, the fledgling football league continued to build upon the buzz of its debut a week earlier.

According to Nielsen data, the Defenders’ local rating peaked at 3.8, down from 4.0 from Week 1. That still outperformed other sporting events, like track and field on NBC.

In St. Louis, Sunday’s game between the St. Louis BattleHawks and the Houston Roughnecks actually drew a local rating of 6.0 — far surpassing a hockey game between the defending-champion St. Louis Blues and the Nashville Predators on at the same time, according to sports anchor Frank Cusumano, from St. Louis’ NBC affiliate. The Blues’ game drew a 3.1 rating. <<
This is really good news (so far). There will not be the precipitous drop from week 1 to week 2 we saw for the XFL back in 2001. Let's hope attendance stays solid as there were slight drops this week, minus the strong showing in Seattle. I'm hoping Tampa pulls 30K in Ray Jay this weekend, but have not seen anything on ticket sales for the home opener, and the first two week of bad football didn't help.
4th&long
MVP

Re: D.C. Defenders see slight drop in ratings

Post by 4th&long »

Vipers6 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:40 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:44 pm Good ratings in DC/St L - overall not yet out....

This is really good news (so far). There will not be the precipitous drop from week 1 to week 2 we saw for the XFL back in 2001. Let's hope attendance stays solid as there were slight drops this week, minus the strong showing in Seattle. I'm hoping Tampa pulls 30K in Ray Jay this weekend, but have not seen anything on ticket sales for the home opener, and the first two week of bad football didn't help.
So far these are only limited local #'s - we don't have the nationals - s/b sometime today. Hopefully they are strong.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

On related Dragons news I noticed that the Dragons were the front page of the Seattle Times sports section on Sunday. Also, they were the lead sports story on KOMO TV.s newscast Sunday AM. Looking good for the Dragons!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Yeah.....the local Dragons rating was 7.6.
29,000 plus attended. And they got the win in a nail biting finish .... that'll get em coming back.

I'm wondering why we haven't seen any national rating from ABC or Fox? Last week we knew immediately.