Did anyone read the latest Athletic article on the league?

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Did anyone read the latest Athletic article on the league?

Post by LeoNY »

https://twitter.com/schwartzsteins/stat ... 53134?s=20

I really want to read the article posted in the tweet above but my subscription ran out. Has anyone here on the board read it?
Joker
Quarterback

Re: Did anyone read the latest Athletic article on the league?

Post by Joker »

I can’t see it and I’m not sacrificing my plastic just to read it. I guess I will close my eyes and imagine myself being filled with knowledge. :D
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I've read it. Very good and informative article that shows how the league came up with some of the rules. Given the amount of time and thought that has gone into some of them, gives a lot of confidence in those in charge of the league (die-hards already had a lot of confidence, but it's especially good for those on the fence about the league, convincing them this isn't a fly-by-night operation).
@gregmparks
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

GregParks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 am I've read it. Very good and informative article that shows how the league came up with some of the rules. Given the amount of time and thought that has gone into some of them, gives a lot of confidence in those in charge of the league (die-hards already had a lot of confidence, but it's especially good for those on the fence about the league, convincing them this isn't a fly-by-night operation).
Sounds like the stuff most of us already knew. That this league was well planned and thought out.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

LeoNY wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:58 am
GregParks wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 am I've read it. Very good and informative article that shows how the league came up with some of the rules. Given the amount of time and thought that has gone into some of them, gives a lot of confidence in those in charge of the league (die-hards already had a lot of confidence, but it's especially good for those on the fence about the league, convincing them this isn't a fly-by-night operation).
Sounds like the stuff most of us already knew. That this league was well planned and thought out.
There was actually more detail in there since they quoted Luck and Schwartzstein on some things. I know we're in an era where no one likes to pay for any content online, but if you like quality sportswriting, The Athletic is definitely worth the price - they've got several articles out about the XFL as well.
@gregmparks
Hammerpgh
Receiver

Post by Hammerpgh »

I keep seeing advertisements about The Athletic and am certainly tempted to take out a subscription. Especially so if they've got some good XFL articles.

I wish I had been aware of what was going on with the XFL but it's been completely missed over here in the UK and I only came across it by chance.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

https://theathletic.com/1632059/2020/02 ... -xfl-team/

Another good article about the league on The Athletic, going behind-the-scenes of a recent Fox broadcast of a game.
@gregmparks