Wildcats Cut Anthony Johnson

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Wildcats Cut Anthony Johnson

Post by XFL_FAN »

What is going on??? Can I rescind my fandom yet?

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/anthony ... -wildcats/

If we lose Sunday to the Renegades (which is likely to have an empty stadium), and we don't get clarity on the Josh Johnson fiasco, then I don't know if I wanna support this team a lot this year. Basically the Redskins of the XFL as far as organizational success goes thus far. Please Wildcats, prove me wrong and win!
Ready for the team reveals...again
Andibald
Head Coach

Re: Wildcats Cut Anthony Johnson

Post by Andibald »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 pm What is going on??? Can I rescind my fandom yet?

If we lose Sunday to the Renegades (which is likely to have an empty stadium), and we don't get clarity on the Josh Johnson fiasco, then I don't know if I wanna support this team a lot this year. Basically the Redskins of the XFL as far as organizational success goes thus far. Please Wildcats, prove me wrong and win!
Rebuilding year?
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:21 pm What is going on??? Can I rescind my fandom yet?

If I understand the "Team Nine" rules, if he doesn't sign with some team this week (or Team Nine at some point) , he won't be able to be signed after week #2.

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

I think it's a little early to call Josh Johnson's status a fiasco.

The front seven didn't have a great game, but it'd be surprising if they decided to make heads roll after one week. Maybe he and Moss were butting heads? Hard to explain at this point.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Xtreme started 0-1. I wouldn't overreact to one game, especially when you're missing your starting QB and MVP candidate.

Definitely sounds like a behavior/buy in issue. But if Oakman is any indication, he might be back soon!
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:50 pm I think it's a little early to call Josh Johnson's status a fiasco.

The front seven didn't have a great game, but it'd be surprising if they decided to make heads roll after one week. Maybe he and Moss were butting heads? Hard to explain at this point.
Not trying to overreact but he's doubtful to play week 2. If he doesn't play, we are pretty much doomed to lose to the Renegades to the tune of Landry Jones' return. And then the DC Defenders and New York Guardians are up next after that :|
Ready for the team reveals...again
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm
XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:50 pm I think it's a little early to call Josh Johnson's status a fiasco.

Not trying to overreact but he's doubtful to play week 2. If he doesn't play, we are pretty much doomed to lose to the Renegades to the tune of Landry Jones' return. And then the DC Defenders and New York Guardians are up next after that :|
Phillip Nelson had a pretty good game and Dallas still couldn't find the endzone, playing at home.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Fortunately WWE to the rescue with the announcement of Wrestlemania 37 to be at SoFi Stadium, which will be the record fourth venue for WM in the LA GMA (Sports Arena, Pond, Staples), also the fourth WM in the last decade to precede the next Super Bowl. Gives them cover.

Who knows, this might be the XFL version of Steelers/Chargers in reverse (Landry Jones=Phil Rivers, Chad Kanoff=Duck), though looks Renegades are gonna have to bring their 17,000 with them.
starsfan24
Running Back

Post by starsfan24 »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:19 pm

Phillip Nelson had a pretty good game and Dallas still couldn't find the endzone, playing at home.
Stats wise yes he did. Although he couldn’t throw the ball more than 5 yards down field it felt like. Took a deep shot twice all game. One was not even close way out of bounds. The other was on the money, possibly for a touchdown, but Ferguson wasn’t looking.
RENEGADES SZN (2-1)
Dallas Stars (37-20-6)
Chicago Cubs (0-0)
LA Lakers (44-12)
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

https://twitter.com/XFLKonnor/status/12 ... 992?s=20
Konnor Fulk
@XFLKonnor
·
15m

Man, these rumors I’m hearing about the LA Wildcats....

Can’t report on them yet, but I’m working hard to get these rumors in concrete for y’all.