Any updates on ticket sales?

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Any updates on ticket sales?

Post by LeoNY »

I went to Ticketmaster.com to look at seating availability. I am probably reading this wrong but it looks like the XFL teams are close to selling out all their lower bowl seating. Even the Guardians which I expect to be the smallest crowd this week looks like they have only 700 tickets left for sale. All the XFL teams look like they have less than 1,000 tickets for sale left for each team. If I am wrong at how I calculated this. Save me from myself 😂
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Re: Any updates on ticket sales?

Post by Metallifreak10 »

So all along, they’ve been releasing tickets in blocks. Some places are selling well. New York sales have been picking up from what I’ve seen.

So I’ve been taking screenshots over the last couple months to see how well tickets are selling from the eight different teams. From what I’ve seen from New York, they’ve never released a large block of tickets located behind the visitor teams bench. Only small amounts of tickets seem to have been released.

Ticket sales seem to have gotten better in New York for the mid field sections behind the guardians bench. And of course the Endzone sections have sold pretty well. But I believe that there are still several thousand unreleased tickets behind the visitors bench. So, maybe temper expectations. Hopefully the weather is decent Sunday, and there will be several thousand walk ups.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Forecast for New York and DC is cold -- high 30s, low 40s -- but dry.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:21 am Forecast for New York and DC is cold -- high 30s, low 40s -- but dry.
That's not cold for Winter in North NJ - forecast is Sunny and dry like you said. Of course its mostly after sundown but starts at peak temp.

DC is even better, 45-50.

That's a BIG plus for opening night XFL 2020, very fortunate.

Conclusion: Its great FB weather
starsfan24
Running Back

Post by starsfan24 »

Dallas has a high of 69 with a slight chance of showers.
RENEGADES SZN (2-1)
Dallas Stars (37-20-6)
Chicago Cubs (0-0)
LA Lakers (44-12)
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:02 am
Tank55 wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:21 am Forecast for New York and DC is cold -- high 30s, low 40s -- but dry.
That's not cold for Winter in North NJ - forecast is Sunny and dry like you said. Of course its mostly after sundown but starts at peak temp.

DC is even better, 45-50.

That's a BIG plus for opening night XFL 2020, very fortunate.

Conclusion: Its great FB weather
Reminds me of a story about Wrestlemania III (first one held in a dome stadium) and concerns about the sun poking through the Silverdome roof, killing most of the show. After hours of deliberation, including a plan to put a giant tarp over it, Vince finally said "Hell with it, it's raining, let's go"

End result, overcast (close enough). It's almost like he was saying, this time the opposite, "Ollie, NYC/DC will be OK, let's go"
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

Not sure if this is representative of the way all teams are handling it, but at least for Tampa Bay (planning to go there to see them vs. Renegades in March) it looks like they're not putting up a pretty good section of the midfield seating, unless you're buying the full season ticket plan.

Will be telling to see if post the home opener they put those seats up for single game sales, or just prorate the season ticket price.
starsfan24
Running Back

Post by starsfan24 »

Renegades just opened up a small section of seats. They're almost gone already. Seating map is looking quite empty. Should be a great crowd.
RENEGADES SZN (2-1)
Dallas Stars (37-20-6)
Chicago Cubs (0-0)
LA Lakers (44-12)
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Do you think the Astro's scandal will help the Roughnecks tix sales?

Ticket prices are NOT cheap here and look to be selling well.

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/houston ... et-pricing
Last edited by 4th&long on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Umm, I doubt there was meaningful impact either way. But if anything, I'd think the effect would be negative -- I think enthusiasm for one team helps the adjacent teams more than it hurts, and visa versa.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion