XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

XFL Sponsors

Post by 4th&long »

>>XFL Brings On Gatorade, A-B InBev As Sponsors Ahead Of Launch <<

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Dai ... p/XFL.aspx

Nice!

>>The rebooted XFL will kickoff on Saturday with two of the biggest commercial patrons in sports as league sponsors, in Gatorade and A-B InBev.<<
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Re: XFL Sponsors

Post by steinerfhc »

So the BattleHawks have corporate sponsorship with McDonald's Metro doing same kind of promotions it sounds like as the Cardinals. A-B InBev based out of St. Louis as also local partnership with them, and Ameren Electoric. Also a partner with SSM Health as offical healthcare providers to the team. These are some big St. Louis partners here. This was from the local news. And there facebook page.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

steinerfhc wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:21 pm So the BattleHawks have corporate sponsorship with McDonald's Metro doing same kind of promotions it sounds like as the Cardinals. A-B InBev based out of St. Louis as also local partnership with them,
Maybe the AB Clydesdales will make an appearance? At the LA block party they had some siiick lowriders (pretty cool local flavor).

In the mid-80’s, McDonalds put out football cards. Maybe they’ll do that locally for the XFL?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

XFL as expected using infield ADS to get money from (free) TV broadcast.

Something Charlie Ebersol didn't do in AAF when they needed revenue.

https://twitter.com/XFLDefenders/status ... 08/photo/1

PROGRESSIVE ads in field - SMART
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

I really don’t see anything the XFL is doing as being a wrong step so far. Oliver is fucking killing this thing.
4th&long
MVP

PFT: XFL may add jersey patches with sponsor logos

Post by 4th&long »

>>XFL may add jersey patches with sponsor logos<<

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... sor-logos/

>> Via the Tampa Bay Business Journal, the XFL may be adding shoulder patches to uniforms with corporate logos. The patches would be similar to the patches on NBA uniforms, and on NFL practice jerseys.

The league already has been placing corporate decals on helmets, and the Progressive corporate brand has appeared on XFL fields. Also, Bud Light Seltzer has become a fixture during post-game victory celebrations.<<

With all that free TV I have been waiting for this, XFL makes some money!
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

I’m completely okay with this. Not a fan of the look but I understand the league has to make money
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

BengalErnst wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:43 pm I’m completely okay with this. Not a fan of the look but I understand the league has to make money
I've been calling for this since AAF days... Why pay to be on TV (AAF) with decent ratings AND not sell on field & on jersey ads?

I don't prefer it but if tasteful I can deal with it.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:01 pm
BengalErnst wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:43 pm I’m completely okay with this. Not a fan of the look but I understand the league has to make money
I've been calling for this since AAF days... Why pay to be on TV (AAF) with decent ratings AND not sell on field & on jersey ads?

The AAF always perplexed me as far as its money issues went. Here they were, spending all this money and at the same time either cutting off or ignoring any ways to recuperate it. It was no surprise when they cut their only season short.

The XFL has been far more prudent on both sides of the balance sheet, as much as one can be when you're running a business with tens of millions in financial losses to start.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:41 am
4th&long wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:01 pm

The AAF always perplexed me as far as its money issues went. Here they were, spending all this money and at the same time either cutting off or ignoring any ways to recuperate it. It was no surprise when they cut their only season short.

The XFL has been far more prudent on both sides of the balance sheet, as much as one can be when you're running a business with tens of millions in financial losses to start.
Just think about the AAF season. XFL is on week 5. When the AAF got to week 5 the money issues really was becoming the center of attention. All the talks where really happening with the Hurricane owner stuff and the NFL Ballout by having players jump in and all of that stuff. The XFL meanwhile it's been nothing but positives overall. Sure TV ratings you could make somewhat a case or a couple markets not draw well, that all we have so far, the XFL was built right from the ground up and they not talking about money issues like the AAF was but instead building the brand in each market more and more. Having the Battlehawks OPEN more seats is a huge plus for the XFL knowing that one fanbase is so in that they needed to do it. Houston success is going to add that list I believe.