7 DC
8 LA
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Re: Season Predictions

Post by XtremeFanForever »

The original league didn't have rookies, but I guess they could carve out a rule for first year professionals, given how transient the league is bound to be. Not sure I could give predictions on that because I don't know all of the first year players.

I'm actually working on an all-xfl ballot right now. Something tells me Cardale Jones is going to be a popular MVP pick.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Championship:
LA beats DC

Standings:

East:
1.DC
2.TB
3.NYG
4.STL

West:
1.Renegades
2.LA
3.Roughnecks
4.Seattle

MVP:Cardale Jones
Championship MVP:Josh Johnson
DPOY:Kony Ealy
COTY:Pep Hamilton
Ready for the team reveals...again
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

I like Dallas over Tampa in the championship game.

I think STL and LA will make the playoffs.

MVP: Landry Jones

I think a team will make the playoffs at 5 and 5 or maybe even 4-6.

I like Kikaha as defensive MVP if he stays healthy.

I am going out on a limb but I think that Jordan Ta’amu will win offensive MVP.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

Without seeing depth charts it's a little hard to offer these with too much confidence. Top draft picks have been cut, so it's hard to know if some guys with the better resumes are performing in camp (besides the drips of info the league releases). Here's what I got:

EAST:
1. DC
2. Tampa Bay
3. New York
4. St. Louis

I was on the Vipers bandwagon for awhile, but after doing a deep dive of the rosters I'm skeptical of their defense. I think Jerry Glanville will keep it adequate, but they seem to lack the elite players the rest of the division has. I do like their offense, they lack the play-makers the Defenders have but left-to-right I think Tampa has the best, most-well rounded offensive line in the league which should make Aaron Murray's job easier. Also I think Marc Trestman will make good use out of Quinton Flowers. Still, I think DC's offense will be enough to push them to the top of the division. New York and St. Louis aren't far behind. Both have secondaries that will keep them in games and the Guardians probably have a superior backfield to Tampa's, still I give the Vipers the edge because of that o-line. Johnathan Hayes' and Jordan Ta'amu's unproven status was enough to me to put the Battlehawks last, though the talent is there to make the playoffs.

WEST:
1. Dallas
2. Houston
3. Los Angeles
4. Seattle

I went back and forth on the top three teams. I think the Roughnecks are well-built to excel in the league with an excellent secondary, a good edge rush, and plenty of weapons in the passing game. Still, the uncertain status at quarterback was enough for me to give Dallas the edge (although Laundry Jones' status made me hesitate). The Renengades seems to have the most balanced roster in the division, if not the league. The Wildcats, and Norm Chow, have enough weapons on offense to make the playoffs but at this time I think they're not quite up to the Texas team's tactics and personnel. Secondary could be a weak point but with Shawn Oakman, Willie Mays, and Anthony Johnson they might have the best edge rush in the league, which will help supplement that. Between their offensive line and deep backfield the Dragons might have one of the better rushing attacks in the league, but I don't think it'll be enough to keep up with the rest of the division.

(Edit: I want to amend this, I think DC will have the league's best record, but with a healthy Landry Jones I think Dallas will win ut all) Championship: Dallas over DC

MVP/Offensive Player of the Year: Cardale Jones, DC
Defensive Player of the Year: Shawn Oakman, LA
Coach of the Year: June Jones, HOU (this was a toss-up between all four playoff coaches for me, but I think Jones' ability to build a formidable offense without a clear cut starter at QB will give him the edge).

All-XFL:
QB: C. Jones (DC)
RB: Cameron Artis-Payne (DAL), Christine Michael (STL) - This position was a tough call. I knew I wanted Artis-Payne in there but there were about four other backs I considered for the second spot
WR: Sammie Coates (HOU), Rashad Ross (DC)
TE: Nick Truesdell (TB)
OT: Storm Norton (LA), Isaiah Battle (SEA) - One of the easier positions. The top two picks in Phase 2, both have anchored their o-lines since the start of mini-camp.
OG: Brian Folkerts (STL), Maurquice Shakir (DAL)
C: Jordan McCray (TB)
DE: Shawn Oakman (LA), Kony Ealy (HOU)
DT: Elijah Qualls (DC), Casey Sayles (STL)
LB: Hau'oli Kikaha (DAL), Emmanuel Beal (TB), Willie Mays (LA)
CB: Jalen Collins (TB), Jamar Summers (NY)
S: Derron Smith (DAL), Matt Elam (DC) - The entire secondary was a tough call. Multiple players on Houston, St. Louis, Dallas, and New York just missed the cut
K: Austin MacGinnis (DAL)
P: Marquette King (STL)

Wish I could pick a kick returner but have no clue who will have duties for each team (though I think Kermit Whitfield will win the job in LA)
Last edited by XtremeFanForever on Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

I won’t go as in depth as these other guys, but I have the Defenders winning the championship while having the Dragons and Vipers battling for the #1 pick in the XFL rookie draft. This is going to be a passing league big time and I just can’t trust those two QB situations. Murray imo is the worst starting QB in the current XFL.
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

I dare not predict what's going to happen this season, especially when so many players are unknown quantities and nobody has played a real game. For all I know the Defenders will win their debut 3-0, the Wildcats will go undefeated, and somebody will pull a cheerleader off the sideline to play long snapper. :lol:

What I'm hoping for is a lot of surprises; not cheerleaders at LS necessarily, but previously unknown guys making big impacts on both sides of the ball. I'm hoping for the league to make it through the season and establish itself as a legit pro alternative in the national consciousness. And last but not least, I'm hoping for the Guardians to win it all on the back of McGloin and Gilbride's pro experience and a ball-hawking secondary.
ethanyeary
Kicker

Post by ethanyeary »

BengalErnst wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:57 pm I won’t go as in depth as these other guys, but I have the Defenders winning the championship while having the Dragons and Vipers battling for the #1 pick in the XFL rookie draft. This is going to be a passing league big time and I just can’t trust those two QB situations. Murray imo is the worst starting QB in the current XFL.
I cannot believe the Vipers are going into the season with Aaron Murray as their starting QB