One week from right now

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

One week from right now

Post by MGB01 »

Yep...............

In the meantime ABC's mini-NCAAB schedule ends today (OkS-OU), FOX has a college hoops doubleheader, as they will for the next five weeks leading into the late Saturday game.

Now isn't it good to be a legit part of a sports weekend instead of being the TV equivalent of trying to catch a bus?
Firecop
Coach

Re: One week from right now

Post by Firecop »

Hard to believe that we ar eonly one week away from kickoff - I can easily remember when the counter was up in the 300's. WOW!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Man I'm ready......I kinda feel like as maybe you do, that I got to witness two years of this being developed, and it's kinda mine in a way. Thanks to all the great people and all the insightful coverage from the very get go that made being a part of this so much fun. I can't believe it's almost here.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

As Jeff Brohm once said... is this, or is this not the XFL? Yes, it is. Let's play football.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

It still doesn't feel real to me. Maybe once we get past the Super Bowl.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

One of the best parts of the XFLboard, besides getting to pick other's brains and read their opinions, is that it kept me engaged as the time droned on and it seemed that it would never actually get here. Thanks to one and all for all the insights and laughs - Let's go Dragons!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

Really excited for next week! I haven’t even paid much attention to the Super Bowl coverage because I have been consumed with all things XFL. It’s really cool to be in on the “ground floor” of a football league. The community around the league is the best part. I’ve felt a void since the AAF folded but next week, game threads will be back!

#OnDuty
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Tank55 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:11 pm It still doesn't feel real to me. Maybe once we get past the Super Bowl.
I have been thinking about this all day.

As a pessimist, who went through the USFL, WLAF/NFL Europe, XFL, UFL, and AAF. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The XFL returning is the most unlikely comeback/reboot that I can ever recall. I can't believe it's going to happen. It's very exciting.
djltocino
Rookie

Post by djltocino »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:05 pm
Tank55 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:11 pm It still doesn't feel real to me. Maybe once we get past the Super Bowl.
I have been thinking about this all day.

As a pessimist, who went through the USFL, WLAF/NFL Europe, XFL, UFL, and AAF. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The XFL returning is the most unlikely comeback/reboot that I can ever recall. I can't believe it's going to happen. It's very exciting.
Excited to see if the league gets some traction and blossoms into the vision the XFL exec's are hoping for.

Looking forward to the Guardian's home opener next Sunday. I will be there.

Kudos to all the people who have contributed to this board since it's birth.

Spring football = Fun.
StoneSentry
Running Back

Post by StoneSentry »

I'm looking forward to the first weekend of the XFL more than the Super Bowl. I was extremely skeptical about rebooting the league at first, but now it feels new and special to me. February 8th can't get here fast enough. No more Super Bowl, no more overblown headlines about WWE losing money, and no more waiting. The new XFL will be right in front of us on national TV, and I think it's going to be great.