One week from right now

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: One week from right now

Post by MGB01 »

ESPN/ABC ad just on again during NBA Countdown twice in the last five minutes, so in the last week we've gone from 'where is it?' to 'oh yeah here we go'

In fact with FOX to run theirs during the SB pregame (if not during the game itself, I kinda remember the AAF having something last year), we would have both on the same day.

This is huge
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:45 pm ESPN/ABC ad just on again during NBA Countdown twice in the last five minutes, so in the last week we've gone from 'where is it?' to 'oh yeah here we go'

In fact with FOX to run theirs during the SB pregame (if not during the game itself, I kinda remember the AAF having something last year), we would have both on the same day.

This is huge
I was watching the Oilers/Flames NHL game on ESPN+ last night and saw at least 7 or 8 XFL commercials. It's hilarious how we've gone from complaining about ESPN never promoting the XFL to seeing several within minutes of each other all over ESPN programming.
St. Louis BattleHawks
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:56 pm
MGB01 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:45 pm ESPN/ABC ad just on again during NBA Countdown twice in the last five minutes, so in the last week we've gone from 'where is it?' to 'oh yeah here we go'

This is huge
I was watching the Oilers/Flames NHL game on ESPN+ last night and saw at least 7 or 8 XFL commercials. It's hilarious how we've gone from complaining about ESPN never promoting the XFL to seeing several within minutes of each other all over ESPN programming.
There's an ESPN+? Just how many people are watching an all Canada hockey match up on a little known outlet?
Gotta do better......I saw one ad today on the Superbowl pregame.....only once so far......expecting at the very least, two more times......at halftime.....and at postgame before Fox goes off as a reminder that hey ..... football is NOT OVER YET!!!!
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Sounder wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:07 pm
SamTheRam28 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:56 pm

This is huge
There's an ESPN+? Just how many people are watching an all Canada hockey match up on a little known outlet?
Gotta do better......I saw one ad today on the Superbowl pregame.....only once so far......expecting at the very least, two more times......at halftime.....and at postgame before Fox goes off as a reminder that hey ..... football is NOT OVER YET!!!!
ESPN+ has 4 million subscribers. Plus, this hockey game was possibly the most hyped game of the season.

Anyway, I saw an XFL commercial during the 15 or so minutes I watched an NBA game on ABC earlier today. I've seen several during NCAA basketball games on ESPN. I've seen them during FS1 CBB games, and several other events on XFL channels.

And I don't think you understand how expensive Super Bowl commercials are. They are north of $5M for 30 seconds. Expecting 3 XFL commercials is ridiculous.
St. Louis BattleHawks
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

ESPN+ is awesome and hits the XFL's core demo of weirdos who love sports too much.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
OverlayRC
Kicker

Post by OverlayRC »

I'm super excited. I love following new business ventures in general, and that it's a football league makes it even better.

It's been fascinating to follow this league from announcement day to now: trying to put myself in their minds as they reach important decisions and milestones.

Aside from having a solid foundation of funding, I'm most impressed with their patience. Instead of rushing it, they spent an extra year learning, planning, and implementing. Having the other league jump the gun may have been a blessing in disguise because it gave them a real-time case study in the current sports business environment.

I think the finished product is going to be a winner. Here's to a fun and successful XFL 2020!
I hope I break even today; I can sure use the money.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Did anyone notice it? The opening of the "Superbowl" edition of the Masked Singer presented the costumed contestants in front of images of the XFL cities.....that's an ad in a way....plus, they ran an ad during the third quarter with the game still very much up for grabs. It might've cost Vince a penny or two.....but it's the largest captive audience you can get the word out to.....nice.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

The best thing is that the XFL didn’t pay for any of these ads. This was all network driven.
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

LeoNY wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:11 pm The best thing is that the XFL didn’t pay for any of these ads. This was all network driven.
I think that’s how the AAF got their ad last year too. Sponsored by CBS.

Social media numbers (as reported by konnor fulk) have seen a significant jump since last night.

https://twitter.com/xflkonnor/status/12 ... 16448?s=21
Last edited by HVGuardian on Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.