Pat McAfee working for the XFL part time

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Pat McAfee working for the XFL part time

Post by LeoNY »

The report is that Pat McAfee will work the ESPN opening game with Dallas but will then not work weekly. ESPN’s Cole Cubelic is supposed to work the field analyst role when McAfee is off.

I was really looking forward to McAfee being a weekly fixture for XFL games.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Pat McAfee working for the XFL part time

Post by GDAWG »

LeoNY wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:47 pm The report is that Pat McAfee will work the ESPN opening game with Dallas but will then not work weekly. ESPN’s Cole Cubelic is supposed to work the field analyst role when McAfee is off.

I was really looking forward to McAfee being a weekly fixture for XFL games.
He also works for WWE and there will be two NXT PPV events (Takeovers) during weekend of XFL games in which he does the kickoff shows (pre shows on WWE YouTube).
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

I like Pats podcast but I am not a fan when he appears on shows as an analyst.

Dude be trying to hard as an analyst.

I would rather have him have an XFL segment on his show than be an in game commentator
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I think he's terrible on the Thursday college games. Maybe this role will be a better fit.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

The sideline job is difficult. Pat McAfee is having reservations about the role. That’s why Cole Cubelic has been hired to take his spot when McAfee is off.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:53 am The sideline job is difficult. Pat McAfee is having reservations about the role. That’s why Cole Cubelic has been hired to take his spot when McAfee is off.
I think he can be what ESPN had hoped Booger McFarland would be for Monday Night Football, not necessarily the kind of guy who interviews the coaches and players, but a hype/energy guy who happens to be on the sidelines, which is what he does best. More of a conversation guy than a newsman/woman.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:11 pm
MikeMitchell wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:53 am The sideline job is difficult. Pat McAfee is having reservations about the role. That’s why Cole Cubelic has been hired to take his spot when McAfee is off.
I think he can be what ESPN had hoped Booger McFarland would be for Monday Night Football, not necessarily the kind of guy who interviews the coaches and players, but a hype/energy guy who happens to be on the sidelines, which is what he does best. More of a conversation guy than a newsman/woman.
I agree. Pat McAfee is having second thoughts about doing the job. I have been speaking with people inside ESPN the last few weeks. The network has had to work hard to sell him on continuing to do the job.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Mike Adamle was a sideline guy/sports anchor for years after his career. Now that he unfortunately suffers from dementia, which may have begun to show up in his WWE stint, no wonder PM might be having second thoughts.

As all of us, he feels the ESPN debut is a really big deal, last thing he wants to do is go all Sergio Dipp.