Team Nine has its head coach

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Team Nine has its head coach

Post by GregParks »

...and it’s Bart Andrus, according to Football Scoop

https://footballscoop.com/news/source-x ... ead-coach/

He has coached in the NFL and has been a head coach in NFL Europe, the CFL, and UFL.

Interesting part of the article makes it sound like all Team Nine players will be on active rosters by week six, replenished by new players thereafter. I’m not sure how you can guarantee that as my impression was Team Nine exists solely as a replacement for injured or waived players.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Re: Team Nine has its head coach

Post by MGB01 »

Sounds like projection (by which side I'm not sure), but it's more than reasonable to assume that will be the case. We could have 45 transactions in a week much less five, so it's not that far-fetched
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I mean it’s possible but it’s odd to use a specific week as a benchmark in that case.
@gregmparks
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

And by next year team nine will have to be called team eleven!

When do they plan on announcing team nine roster ?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Nothing finalized. All this stuff is fluid but there is talk of each team having five designed priority players on Team Nine, with the rosters expanding from 52 to 57 at mid season.

The XFL is going to have to constantly replenish the team nine roster during the season.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Wish they would have hired a young gun to be the nine coach. An also-ran is disappointing. I wonder how many players cut this week will just turn down the team 9 opportunity
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

BengalErnst wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:36 pm Wish they would have hired a young gun to be the nine coach. An also-ran is disappointing. I wonder how many players cut this week will just turn down the team 9 opportunity
You need to get a coach that is willing to dedicate all his time in one location.

Remember this is an NFL Europe concept. Andrus has ties to Luck and the NFL Europe team nine concept.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Cool!

Now what’s the helmet and gear gonna look like? Good op to sell additional merchandise for fans on the fence on which team to root for. (Or hopefuls for future city/teams).

Go Cats!!!!
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

GoDogs wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:58 pm Cool!

Now what’s the helmet and gear gonna look like? Good op to sell additional merchandise for fans on the fence on which team to root for. (Or hopefuls for future city/teams).

Go Cats!!!!
It will probably just be a black helmet with plain white gear if I had to guess. I seriously don't understand some people on this board's obsession over team 9.
St. Louis BattleHawks
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Team Nine will probably be XFL helmets. League jerseys with the league’s colors.

Nothing fancy. I like the Andrus hire you need someone who has a background with Oliver Luck’s concept. There’s also the logistics of it. This isn’t a wins-losses team. So not many coaches would agree to just coach practice players.