Seattle leading ticket sales?

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Seattle leading ticket sales?

Post by Tank55 »

Some positive news in Dallas:
UPDATE: We have completely sold out of $20 tickets for this promo! Thank you all for your support!
https://twitter.com/XFLRenegades/status ... 3431546881
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:51 pm Some positive news in Dallas:
UPDATE: We have completely sold out of $20 tickets for this promo! Thank you all for your support!
Looks like they cleared out all the $20 tix - good sign with 10 days to go
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Good news for Dallas. Oliver Luck is doing radio row interviews in Miami and there should be a lot of promotion leading into week one.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

4th&long wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 pm
Tank55 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:51 pm Some positive news in Dallas:
How many seats is that? 5,000 @ $20?

Looks like they cleared out all the $20 tix - good sign with 10 days to go
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

So, I’ve been looking through the teams and their season ticket and single game ticket availability. Looks like Dallas has sold out of their $100 season tickets, which is a good thing. And only a few single seats seem to remain for the $24 tier for their opening game.

Looks like St. Louis sold out of their $24 single game tickets except for a few single seats. Not many of their $100 season tickets remain. Seattle with similar results.

That’s all good, but there still seems to be plenty of tier 1-3 single game tickets and season tickets available. It would look a little odd to see the end zones 80%+ full, and midfield sections more than half empty.

Maybe they might be upgrading people to help fill the midfield sections. But, perhaps asking more than $75 for midfield tickets was a little much? Idk.

To no surprise, LA seems to be doing the worst. They still even have a lot of the cheap endzone tickets available, both season and single game for their opening game. I won’t be surprised if they fail to draw 10,000 for their first game.

New York appears to at least be doing decent with their endzone tickets. But outside of their endzone, it doesn’t look like they are selling much. Looks like they are doing well enough to draw closer to 12,000-15,000 for their opening game.

Let’s hope for large walk up crowds to help keep them from embarrassing low crowds.

I’m still optimistic overall though. Not as much I once was, but I am confident walk up crowds will be respectable.

My predictions for Individual teams opening day attendances
DC- 17,500

Houston- 22,500

New York- 18,000(counting on those walk ups)

Dallas- 25,000(I’m confident they open up some upper deck seating for this game, ticket sales seem to be doing well here overall)

Seattle- 30,000

LA- 11,000

TB- 21,000

St Louis- 33,000(if they open some upper deck sections)
Last edited by Metallifreak10 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I would guess, that low cost upgrades will be offered on game day to fill those midflield sections - I guess we will see. You do want the endzones full during PATs, but at least one side of midfield must look full I would think.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

Great to see that a lot of cities are doing well. Mostly going over the 20,000 mark which was the goal I think outside a couple cities.

Also I am seeing some cities Other sports teams welcoming them in. Example BattleHawks recently posted they got to visit the NHL team Blues. I love the cross over. Blues and the baseball Cardinals have done it for years. Seattle is a good market. Which is why they are also getting an NHL team.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:55 pm

That’s all good, but there still seems to be plenty of tier 1-3 single game tickets and season tickets available. It would look a little odd to see the end zones 80%+ full, and midfield sections more than half empty.
On television it's easier to keep those midfield seats off camera if need be. AAF was pretty good at that.

LA won't show up until week 3. The Rams drew 1,500 for their opener. The Wildcats might actually beat them.

All these games will be running ticket promos during games too. I'm pretty confident the league is here to stay, so I wouldn't stress opening week. Most casual fans still don't know about the XFL.

NY though....they are lucky teps are supposed to be 50 because it might mean walk ups...honestly though, I'm from NY, most people aren't going to a football game in 30 degree temps in unless the Jets or Giants are in the playoffs. Syracuse, believe it or not would have been a great option AND you still get all the same response, maybe better, from the NYC market, because of the seats being packed like you said.

It's kinda like, hey let's go see this band that we have never heard of play outdoors in 30 degree temps. Stand there for 3 hours, it will be fun. Yeah! Only if it rains.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Regular Joe wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:16 am

On television it's easier to keep those midfield seats off camera if need be. AAF was pretty good at that.

LA won't show up until week 3. The Rams drew 1,500 for their opener. The Wildcats might actually beat them.

All these games will be running ticket promos during games too. I'm pretty confident the league is here to stay, so I wouldn't stress opening week. Most casual fans still don't know about the XFL.

NY though....they are lucky teps are supposed to be 50 because it might mean walk ups...honestly though, I'm from NY, most people aren't going to a football game in 30 degree temps in unless the Jets or Giants are in the playoffs. Syracuse, believe it or not would have been a great option AND you still get all the same response, maybe better, from the NYC market, because of the seats being packed like you said.

It's kinda like, hey let's go see this band that we have never heard of play outdoors in 30 degree temps. Stand there for 3 hours, it will be fun. Yeah! Only if it rains.
The Rams drew 91k for their opener return (2016) - not 1500.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Los_ ... ams_season

Syracuse is not the NY city market at all there is no correlation. XFL wants big markets not sub 1mm markets.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Regular Joe wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:16 am

The Carrier Dome would not be available for XFL games. When Syracuse football is done, the Carrier Dome becomes a basketball venue for the Orange men's and women's basketball teams, so it's quite busy this time of year.