All the XFL cuts

XFL Football discussion.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Re: All the XFL cuts

Post by BengalErnst »

I'm all completely for the coaches making cuts to make their teams to their own design of course, but man its really disappointing to see some of the bigger names again get cut. Thought Rahim Moore was looking dominant in practices.
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

Surprised to see Northrup cut for the Vipers. McKeever was also called out by xfl.com as a top performer in the scrimmage this week but guess it wasn't enough. Wilkins they just traded 2 guys for this week as well.

I'd imagine TB will put in a waiver claim or two, after cuts they still have 8 WR on the roster which seems a little heavy.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

XtremeFanForever wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:27 am By my count this still puts LA at 53 active players. Wonder if there's another player to be added to the IR.

No real surprises for the Wildcats, though. I was hoping Stanton would make it, if only for his versatility. I'd expect him to catch on with Team 9.
Moss could still cut a few more and pick up some guys off the waivers. Rahim Moore and Jalen Rowell are two guys I be open to getting.
Ready for the team reveals...again
Bastiat
Kicker

Post by Bastiat »

St. Louis is holding on to all 4 of their QBs for now. Interesting. I wonder if they’re looking for some more separation before letting someone go. I can’t imagine having 3 backup QBs on a 52 man roster is the long term plan.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Surprised that Rahim Moore got cut in DC, only because it seems like he was all over the team's Twitter feed.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
ethanyeary
Kicker

Post by ethanyeary »

Cuts that made me sad:
Simmie Cobbs Jr: Was a fan of him in college and was apparently a standout performer in camp. I definitely think a team like New York should look into him but if not he is definitely a logical team 9 candidate.

Eric Pinkins: I have been a fan of Pinkins since he was on the Seahawks. Surprised a player with that much versatility wasn't kept.

Victor Ochi: Put up big production at a small school. Was hoping to see him be able to do something similar in the XFL. Another team 9 candidate I believe.

Bernard Reedy: I enjoyed him on the Patriots and was hoping to see him become a dynamic returner in the XFL. He also has a good story.

Terrance Williams: This guy just can't seem to catch a break lately

Joe Callahan: A perennial preseason MVP candidate, was hoping to see him show some of that preseason dominance that kept him in the NFL so long in the XFL

Devin Taylor: Played for South Carolina (My Alma mater) and put up solid production in the NFL so I was hoping he could rep the Gamecocks in the XFL
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Well Hartley could be a great pick up for the Drsgons.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

ethanyeary wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:57 am Eric Pinkins: I have been a fan of Pinkins since he was on the Seahawks. Surprised a player with that much versatility wasn't kept.
I'm reminded of a largely missed moment: At the end of the Giants/Packers wildcard a couple years back, Pinkins (Giants) went up and chest bumped former Hawk teammate CMike (Packers), like 'guess this is good as it gets'. Guess as of now we're not going to get see if there is in fact a next.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

PFTCommenter didn't make the Defenders. But he may make Team Nine.
https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1 ... 4614538242