Talent Comparison XFL 1.0 vs AAF vs XFL 2.0

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Re: Talent Comparison XFL 1.0 vs AAF vs XFL 2.0

Post by LeoNY »

When you look at it. The XFL has most of the AAF’s best players.

Renegades safety Derron Smith was the #1 overall rated player by Pro Football Focus in the AAF. Vipers Center Jordan McCray was the #1 rated offensive lineman. Jamar Summers was one of the best coverage corners in the Alliance. Then there’s players like Rashad Ross, Mekale McKay, Tyson Graham and so many others. The AAF’s first pick in their QB draft Josh Johnson.

I think once you look at the XFL rosters and compare them to the Alliance. The XFL is better. No stupid only 5 rushers at the quarterback rule either.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

You guys all did a great job answering the question. My coworker was a huge AAF supporter and he just hasn't jumped onboard with the XFL yet. I believe the talent level in the XFL is greater than the AAF as well but its hard to explain with just how few of them are household names. No Trent Richardson, and Manziel were a bit of disappointments for some around me.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

AAF fans hating on the XFL (and XFL fans hating on the AAF) is/was so silly. I read something about how the closer aligned two groups are, the more animosity there is between them. Like, vegans are often more disdainful of vegetarians than they are omnivores. It's a curious nuance of the human condition.

This was a great thread -- thank you to everyone who brought knowledge.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion