Confirmed: Luis Perez traded for Charles Kanoff

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Confirmed: Luis Perez traded for Charles Kanoff

Post by MikeMitchell »

Good job by Chick breaking the story. She has a connection to the league, which she mentioned on an interview on XFL Xtra.

I got word that Luis Perez might be dealt last week. Just because a player is drafted or assigned. It doesn’t mean that your spot is secure with LA. Winston is running a very competitive camp. See Shawn Oakman, Jerimiah Spicer, Jalen Collins etc

The Wildcats may even have some surprise cuts this week.

As for the trade, LA is rolling the dice on their backup situation at quarterback.

As I have mentioned in my Guardian training camp articles for the last couple of weeks. Kevin Gilbride has not been happy with his offense. He’s commented harshly all camp about it.

The addition of Perez makes me wonder if Marquise Williams is now going to be shipped around the league. Williams does have connections to Dallas (Moose) and Seattle (Mike Riley).
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 pm You have to imagine with Johnson winning the starting job, Perez would've been a hot commodity on the trade market. I'm surprised the Wildcats didn't try to fill a need elsewhere on the team in trading Perez, rather getting only another backup QB in return.
I agree. That is pretty strange.
Ready for the team reveals...again
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

I’d tend to agree - you figure Perez would at least mean McGloin (assuming he’s the starter) is on a pretty short leash when the season starts, whereas I can’t imagine Kanoff is any threat to Johnson.

You would think they could’ve gotten more for Perez - we’ve seen teams trade different positions and Tampa Bay was even involved in a 2-for-1 trade this weekend. Maybe Moss just really liked Perez personally and decided to move him to a place where he’d have a good shot to play?
Defenders Fan Club
Rookie

Post by Defenders Fan Club »

Luis Perez AKA Birmingham Iron Legend!
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Charles Kanoff threw for 2 touchdowns yesterday. We might have actually won the trade...
Ready for the team reveals...again
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

nick1091 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:04 pm I’d tend to agree - you figure Perez would at least mean McGloin (assuming he’s the starter) is on a pretty short leash when the season starts, whereas I can’t imagine Kanoff is any threat to Johnson.

You would think they could’ve gotten more for Perez - we’ve seen teams trade different positions and Tampa Bay was even involved in a 2-for-1 trade this weekend. Maybe Moss just really liked Perez personally and decided to move him to a place where he’d have a good shot to play?
You think Perez has a good chance to play over McGloin? For the sake of clarity since this is text: Not being facetious , genuinely asking your opinion.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

XFL_FAN wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:22 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 pm You have to imagine with Johnson winning the starting job, Perez would've been a hot commodity on the trade market. I'm surprised the Wildcats didn't try to fill a need elsewhere on the team in trading Perez, rather getting only another backup QB in return.
I agree. That is pretty strange.
So how does this work with assigned QB’s. Didn’t they get a guaranteed salary? If so did the Cats open up cap space? Do the Guardians then take off McGloin off of “assigned QB” status if he loses his starting job, thus reducing his salary?