Los Angeles Wildcats trade Rashad Ross to DC for Tre McBride

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Los Angeles Wildcats trade Rashad Ross to DC for Tre McBride

Post by LeoNY »

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/xfl-transactions

https://twitter.com/xfl2020/status/1216 ... 84193?s=20

I can’t believe that LA made this trade.

DC is the odds on favorite to win the East.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Re: Los Angeles Wildcats trade Rashad Ross to DC for Tre McBride

Post by Regular Joe »

Temperature just dropped about 50 degrees. 🌞
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

I can tell you that LA is really happy with their group of receivers.

LA has made some real unique moves thus far.

Drafting Oakman and Spicer. Then cutting them before training camp even starts. Trading away Jalen Collins for Springs, and now swapping Ross for McBride.

Ross is a take the top off a defense type receiver. McBride has 4.3 speed but he’s more of an underneath guy. I am interested in seeing who emerges as LA’s go to guy. Rooting for KD Cannon.

For DC. This move is a no brainer. Rich got richer from where I sit. You have to give Greg Gabriel credit for the roster he has put together in DC. They have two good Quarterbacks, three good runners and they are very talented at wideout.

DC-Dallas was my early championship game pick back in October. I am sticking with it. Even with Landry hurt.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

There was also a Stacy Coley-Freddie Martino trade between the Renegades and Vipers listed on the transactions page, but those transactions have since been deleted. No tweet of that trade either. I wonder what happened there.
St. Louis BattleHawks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:25 am There was also a Stacy Coley-Freddie Martino trade between the Renegades and Vipers listed on the transactions page, but those transactions have since been deleted. No tweet of that trade either. I wonder what happened there.
Freddie Martino - has played on off for Bucs... had a big game against Pitt a few years ago I think?

Likable wideout... plays hard.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

I can't find a clip now but I remember months ago Luck saying one of the benefits of league wide training camp was being able to see how all the teams stacked up, talent-wise, at different positions, and how if could help the league achieve competitive balance.

Part of me wonders if the league itself has had a hand in some of these trades after seeing a talent gap between the teams.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

Being a Bears fan, I’m familiar with McBride. Thought he had a lot of potential. One of his first games with the Bears he almost had a 100 yard receiving game. Then after that, nothing.

Ross is definitely better than McBride overall.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

NOOOOOO! Good thing I didn't buy that Tre McBride jersey.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

Metallifreak10 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:56 am Being a Bears fan, I’m familiar with McBride. Thought he had a lot of potential. One of his first games with the Bears he almost had a 100 yard receiving game. Then after that, nothing.

Ross is definitely better than McBride overall.
Yup. I’m definitely getting that “Mike Singletary” vibe from the Wildcats. Wonder how it’ll stack up against the Mike Stoop types. Bigger names are getting weeded out, personality clashes? Honestly haven’t read up on McBride. But Ross seemed like a no brainer.

Guess we’ll see.
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

SamTheRam28 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:25 am There was also a Stacy Coley-Freddie Martino trade between the Renegades and Vipers listed on the transactions page, but those transactions have since been deleted. No tweet of that trade either. I wonder what happened there.
For what it's worth I still see the Coley/Martino trade on the transactions page.

I'm a little surprised nearly all the trades thus far have been within the same position group.