The XFL’s remaining league announcements

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

The XFL’s remaining league announcements

Post by LeoNY »

There isn’t much left now before the season.

I am personally curious as to who will be Fox’s complete broadcasting teams. They have two games in week one and thus far, only Joel Klatt and Curt Menefee have been announced. No field analysts announced yet.

The other thing that hasn’t been announced yet is the details of the league’s championship game. The name of it, location and trophy.

Then there’s fantasy football. I would think that the XFL’s fantasy structure should be in place by the time camps end in late January.
HVGuardian
Receiver

Re: The XFL’s remaining league announcements

Post by HVGuardian »

Do we know who is making the jerseys? Did they may a deal with Starter or adidas or something?

The stuff in the XFL shop doesn’t appear to be branded.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

HVGuardian wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 pm Do we know who is making the jerseys? Did they may a deal with Starter or adidas or something?

The jerseys were custom made by a company in Florida called Custom Outfitters LLC.
HVGuardian
Receiver

Post by HVGuardian »

MikeMitchell wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:57 pm
HVGuardian wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:50 pm Do we know who is making the jerseys? Did they may a deal with Starter or adidas or something?

The jerseys were custom made by a company in Florida called Custom Outfitters LLC.
Interesting, thanks. Is the same company making the t-shirts and hoodies available in the XFL Shop?
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

I don't think they've announced any radio affiliates yet, which is kind of weird.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:30 pm I don't think they've announced any radio affiliates yet, which is kind of weird.
They announced the one in Houston
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

A little surprised myself they haven’t announced the championship game location.

I also would’ve expected some degree of merchandise partnerships at this point. Would be great to see XFL items at large scale retail stores. Not sure if some merchandisers are gun shy based on what I assume was a decent sized loss on the AAF merch.

The one thing I’d expect to be announced at some point are the “official” XFL awards - assuming at minimum MVP, OPOY/DPOY, and coach of the year. Since there are bonuses for wins, one would think there would be some sort of bonus for an award win.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

nick1091 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:53 pm A little surprised myself they haven’t announced the championship game location.

I also would’ve expected some degree of merchandise partnerships at this point. Would be great to see XFL items at large scale retail stores. Not sure if some merchandisers are gun shy based on what I assume was a decent sized loss on the AAF merch.

The one thing I’d expect to be announced at some point are the “official” XFL awards - assuming at minimum MVP, OPOY/DPOY, and coach of the year. Since there are bonuses for wins, one would think there would be some sort of bonus for an award win.
It’s a good point. The XFL has been pretty quiet on the sponsorship front. I never worry about the talent level with these leagues. There is so much football talent out there in 2020 because of the advancement of the quality of college football.

What has always concerned me with these leagues is getting business partners on board. You have to do a serious sell job to make it happen and you have to make deals that are 70-30 in the favor of the company you are in business with.
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Another XFL announcement: The league is in negotiations to produce the much rumoured XFL video game. The earliest we could see such a game would be Q1 2022 just around the time the league would be kicking off it's third year. It would likely be 2k.....but Axis Football is also looking at the XFL after almost signing on with the failed AAF. Me?.....gimme 2k.
Rangersking669
Running Back

Post by Rangersking669 »

DraftKings will be doing daily fantasy just like we thought