Landry Jones out 4-6 weeks after injuring left knee in practice

XFL Football discussion.
ev1357
Kicker

Re: Landry Jones out 4-6 weeks after injuring left knee in practice

Post by ev1357 »

Looks like Philip Nelson is the only other QB on the roster. Wonder if they'll try to get somebody like Eric Dungey that was originally in the draft pool. I don't think he's signed a futures contract with an NFL team.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

ev1357 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:26 am Looks like Philip Nelson is the only other QB on the roster. Wonder if they'll try to get somebody like Eric Dungey that was originally in the draft pool. I don't think he's signed a futures contract with an NFL team.
That’s a good suggestion. The league’s rules favor a player like Dungey.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

LeoNY wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:22 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm Ah, that sucks. Hope Luke Falk's cell phone is on and fully charged. Philip Nelson sure knows how to pick his backup jobs though.
I suppose my crazy suggestion of coaxing Sam Bradford into the league wouldn’t be viable. Perhaps if Landry’s injury was season ending. We can forget about Johnny Manziel with Moose involved.

Falk is not a bad call. Moose could work the phones.
Johnny Manziel to Team 9 or a mid to late season addition. If not, next year. The focus is on the league, quality of play and building it's own stars right now.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Regular Joe wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:02 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:52 pm Ah, that sucks. Hope Luke Falk's cell phone is on and fully charged. Philip Nelson sure knows how to pick his backup jobs though.
I suppose my crazy suggestion of coaxing Sam Bradford into the league wouldn’t be viable. Perhaps if Landry’s injury was season ending. We can forget about Johnny Manziel with Moose involved.

Johnny Manziel to Team 9 or a mid to late season addition. If not, next year. The focus is on the league, quality of play and building it's own stars right now.
Oliver Luck has said no to Manziel.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:28 pm

I didn't think it was a no. I thought he was in the draft pool, but not selected.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Regular Joe wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 pm

I didn't think it was a no. I thought he was in the draft pool, but not selected.
He was not in the draft pool.
St. Louis BattleHawks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

First it was no, then yes, then no again. That domestic violence conviction is the big hangup here, unfortunately.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Regular Joe wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 pm I didn't think it was a no. I thought he was in the draft pool, but not selected.
I think you're thinking of Ryan Mallett.
BengalErnst
Quarterback

Post by BengalErnst »

Eric Dungey it is
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:55 pm
Regular Joe wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:57 pm I didn't think it was a no. I thought he was in the draft pool, but not selected.
I think you're thinking of Ryan Mallett.
Could be 😜