AAF Teams Names

XFL Football discussion.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Re: AAF Teams Names

Post by Regular Joe »

XFL_FAN wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:09 pm Why are all teams in the south? A lot of room for the XFL to choose from. ;)
Weather. Travel expenses. SNOWBIRDS!! Half the northern part of the country goes south for the winter, and they're not all old people.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

XFL_FAN wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:35 am
GoDogs wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:38 am
MikeMitchell wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:31 am The AAF tried a mix of standard team names like The Stallions and Express and unique first time names like Fleet, Hotshots and Appolos.

I am lukewarm on their team names overall.

San Diego should have been The Defenders, Destroyers or Soldiers if a military theme was the goal.

Commanders is ok but Legends is awful. Only picked because of the sound of it. The premise is silly. Just sounds campy.

You would think you’d have to have some history to be a “Legend”.

As a football junkie, I’ll absolutely tune in tho. But based on pure team names,....I don’t get it. Sailors, Firefighters and ponies? Who are they targeting?

I would have liked teams branded like the A11FL, or the former XFL. I’m hoping the New XFL will pull a little from the old league.

Just imagine a cross league game: AAF vs XFL: Hitmen vs the Stallions, or Demons vs the Fleet. Based on pure branding, it’s a no-contest.
So what would you name the 8 XFL teams GoDogs?
Until we know the cities it would be kind of impossible, but let’s give it a try any ways.

If only 1 ca team, gotta start with “so cal...”. Going pure LA turns off certain types. So Cal makes sense. Mascot maybe a CA Condor.

No Phoenix team, go regional, Arizona.., maybe Desert rats? Kokopeli?

Ohio is football crazed, hot bed. Give a real tough mascot (versus generic browns, bengals). Pitbulls (you can do wonders in marketing on this one.

If Houston or one other TX team, you gotta put the Texas state on the helmet (outline). Fighting Armadillos?(gotta add fighting).

Love NY to have the Hitmen. (Or NJ).

If FL, and if near Tampa, go Bandits , revive it.

...just a few off the top of my head.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

...a few more

If northern Florida, got Burt Reynolds on the jogging, gotta go Firebirds ( that logo on a black helmet would be siiick!!)

Southern Fl, go Sharks ( vs dolphins)

Consensus is St. Louis is getting a team. As much as I hate horse mascots, the Clydesdales makes sense. The marketing would be awesome!

Oh well, guess we’ll find out tomorrow.
Just hope they stay away from women’s calendars (lol AAF).
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Until we know the cities it would be kind of impossible, but let’s give it a try anyways.
Well the 8 cities have leaked, but they could be wrong :? :

NY
Washington
ST. Louis
Tampa Bay

LA
Seattle
Dallas
Houston
Ready for the team reveals...again
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Ron wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:03 pm
Andibald wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:49 pm I'm not impressed with these choices but like parts of most.

Here are my rankings based on name,logo, and video:

Hotshots - Nice logo. The name fits but I can't help but see Hotshorts or Hotpants or Hotwheels or cocky hotshots. Also, the video didn't really show any hotshots but showed john mccain and I would rather stay away from political figures.

Hotshots - This is a bad name. For non-Arizonians it kind of has a comedic feel (sometimes associated with the comedy film by the same name). I understand they were trying to pay homage to Arizona's military heroes, but some might see it as cheap.

Firefighters. The ones who battle the wildfires are called Hotshots. That's why they have the fireman logo. Response out here has been positive. The news seemed to like it. Hotshots are held in esteem out here, and if the league takes off ..alot of firefighters might get a kick outta that.
free dj mix download. all punk & hardcore. party tape. more cuss words then any hip hop mixtape. https://soundcloud.com/some-guy-2492895 Click on 'More' and download. dont forget both sides.
Ron
Kicker

Post by Ron »

Regular Joe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:45 pmFirefighters. The ones who battle the wildfires are called Hotshots. That's why they have the fireman logo. Response out here has been positive. The news seemed to like it. Hotshots are held in esteem out here, and if the league takes off ..alot of firefighters might get a kick outta that.
I think you messed up your quoting, Joe. Great that Arizona is high on Hotshots. Overall, I don't at all like what the AAF did, and I have confidence that the XFL will do better.
Regular Joe
Quarterback

Post by Regular Joe »

Ron wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:04 pm
Regular Joe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:45 pmFirefighters. The ones who battle the wildfires are called Hotshots. That's why they have the fireman logo. Response out here has been positive. The news seemed to like it. Hotshots are held in esteem out here, and if the league takes off ..alot of firefighters might get a kick outta that.
I think you messed up your quoting, Joe. Great that Arizona is high on Hotshots. Overall, I don't at all like what the AAF did, and I have confidence that the XFL will do better.
I remember from 20 years ago this messageboard has that crazy quoting, and you have to watch what your deleting.

Love the quote about the A11FL, what about the NAFL? The USFL reboot too. Great team names, no league.
Ron
Kicker

Post by Ron »

Regular Joe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 pm
I remember from 20 years ago this messageboard has that crazy quoting, and you have to watch what your deleting.

Love the quote about the A11FL, what about the NAFL? The USFL reboot too. Great team names, no league.
The A11FL and USFL? Those are leagues that are long dead with no funding. I don't think I have even heard of the NAFL.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Ron wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:49 pm
Regular Joe wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 pm

The A11FL and USFL? Those are leagues that are long dead with no funding. I don't think I have even heard of the NAFL.
So many leagues have come and gone without even launching. Allegedly the owner of the NAFL duped some investor out of a million dollars, never intending to actually launch a football league.

2019/2020 is crazy right now for upstart pro leagues. You have the XFL and AAF. You also have The American Patriot League. Started by former NFL player and businessmen Marques Ogden, Keon Lattimore and former NFL player Bob Golic. Yes Mike Golic's brother and former XFL announcer. Their group is having tryout camps in Texas. They have announced three cities and their venues. Mobile, Alabama, Daytona Beach, Florida and Sacramento, California. They are supposed to be launching this coming Spring. A 10 team league with 14 regular season games. February till July.

Then there's the league headed by Tom Brady's agent Don Yee. He was supposed to start the "Pacific Pro League" in the summer of 2019. They actually landed Adidas as it's main sponsor and had some big name advisors attached to their league. The premise of the league is 4 teams, playing in California. The catch, all the players are right out of high school. Football players who don't want to go to college and want to turn pro immediately. I think compensation was going to be 50 k a season. Not sure if that league is still a go or not but The XFL could be in the market for straight out of high school or 1 or 2 year college players.
Ron
Kicker

Post by Ron »

MikeMitchell wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:54 am
So many leagues have come and gone without even launching. Allegedly the owner of the NAFL duped some investor out of a million dollars, never intending to actually launch a football league.

2019/2020 is crazy right now for upstart pro leagues. You have the XFL and AAF. You also have The American Patriot League. Started by former NFL player and businessmen Marques Ogden, Keon Lattimore and former NFL player Bob Golic. Yes Mike Golic's brother and former XFL announcer. Their group is having tryout camps in Texas. They have announced three cities and their venues. Mobile, Alabama, Daytona Beach, Florida and Sacramento, California. They are supposed to be launching this coming Spring. A 10 team league with 14 regular season games. February till July.

Then there's the league headed by Tom Brady's agent Don Yee. He was supposed to start the "Pacific Pro League" in the summer of 2019. They actually landed Adidas as it's main sponsor and had some big name advisors attached to their league. The premise of the league is 4 teams, playing in California. The catch, all the players are right out of high school. Football players who don't want to go to college and want to turn pro immediately. I think compensation was going to be 50 k a season. Not sure if that league is still a go or not but The XFL could be in the market for straight out of high school or 1 or 2 year college players.
None of the other leagues you referenced are worth mentioning in the same sentence as the XFL (or even the AAF) because they have no significant financial backing.