XFL Uniform/Helmet Rankings

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL Uniform/Helmet Rankings

Post by MikeMitchell »

This may not age well because once I see these uniforms in action. My opinion might change.

1-New York Guardians
2-DC Defenders
3-Seattle Dragons
4-St.Louis BattleHawks
5-Dallas Renegades
6-Los Angeles Wildcats
7-Tampa Bay Vipers
8-Houston Roughnecks

The Guardians stand alone at the top as a complete package. As good of a football uniform that I have seen released in recent memory.

The Defenders are a safe #2. Classy and simple look. Love the colors and use of the logo. Great helmet.

This is where you can argue from 3-5. I prefer the Dragons because like all the XFL teams. They have an amazing helmet and I love their road uniforms. I expected more from Dallas and St. Louis. Both are good but my expectations were great for both.

LA is fine overall but could have been better. They are trying to be more fearsome with an all black look but maybe Orange could have been a more prominent color for them. The helmet like all XFL teams is superb. The logo, color scheme and the red claws.

The Vipers is actually a good overall look. It’s not my cup of tea with the two green shades but it fits the brand of the team.

Houston is saved by their unbelievably beautiful helmet. That Grey/Silver chrome looks fantastic with the logo. The overall design of the uniform fell short for me. I hate the criticism or go to lazy create a team Madden line that people use when uniforms are released but the Roughnecks do look like a team from 2K’s APF game over a decade ago. If the league is lucky enough to get to year two. They need to redo these. The colors are fine and the logo and helmet are an absolute home run. The uniforms need a do over. The home uniform is tolerable but the road look is just bland and unimaginative.
Tank55
MVP

Re: XFL Uniform/Helmet Rankings

Post by Tank55 »

That's very close to my list.

1-DC Defenders
2-New York Guardians

3-St.Louis BattleHawks
4-Dallas Renegades
5-Seattle Dragons

6-Los Angeles Wildcats
7-Houston Roughnecks
8-Tampa Bay Vipers

Houston is so frustrating. So much is going on and accomplishing so little.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

Roughneck fan and ticket holder.... so disappointed in my teams choice.

Red on Red would've been a better look and all whites for the other set.

Helmet is solid but that's about it... The star understanding it's for texas should be white.

The star makes it feel too dallas now and the design feels too Patriots which as a Texans fan makes it super frustrating.

Still gonna ride either way thought. Htown
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

I like the Defenders' look overall but found the helmet a tad boring. Thought it would've been cool to see a single lightening bolt going across, but perhaps that would've been too similar to Air Force's helmets.

I think NY has the best, hands down. The way the logo wraps around the helmet is very cool.

I like LA's look but, I agree, orange could've been more prominently featured if only to differentiate themselves from New York.

Houston's uniforms are boring but those helmets are great. On par with NY and St. Louis.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Current results from the poll on sportslogos.net:
New York Guardians: 321 (19.86 %)
St. Louis BattleHawks: 312 (19.31 %)
DC Defenders: 226 (13.99 %)
Seattle Dragons: 216 (13.37 %)
Dallas Renegades: 195 (12.07 %)
Tampa Bay Vipers: 129 (7.98 %)
Houston Roughnecks: 116 (7.18 %)
Los Angeles Wildcats: 101 (6.25 %)
http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/12/03/ ... -for-2020/

Poor LA.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

1-Guardians
2-Battlehawks
3-Defenders
4-Renegades
5-Dragons
6-Wildcats
7-Vipers
8-Roughnecks

I really hope that the XFL does what Oliver Luck said last winter. Allow the fans to choose their teams weekly uniforms and to mix and match. When I saw Christine Michael and Jordan Ta’amu in the STL uniforms. It sold it for me. I think their look is better than people give it credit for. Can’t wait till they mix and match a bit. With all white and all blue. The league needs to design a third Roughnecks uniform. It’s so close to being great. I am going to hound the league for awhile about this. The Roughnecks Jersey looks like an inverted Texans team with red being more prominent than Navy. Maybe Silver could have been the teams main color instead with red and blue as complementary colors.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:16 pm Current results from the poll on sportslogos.net:
New York Guardians: 321 (19.86 %)
St. Louis BattleHawks: 312 (19.31 %)
DC Defenders: 226 (13.99 %)
Seattle Dragons: 216 (13.37 %)
Dallas Renegades: 195 (12.07 %)
Tampa Bay Vipers: 129 (7.98 %)
Houston Roughnecks: 116 (7.18 %)
Los Angeles Wildcats: 101 (6.25 %)
http://news.sportslogos.net/2019/12/03/ ... -for-2020/

Poor LA.
LA's just the least popular team. Fine with me, means more room on the bandwagon when we are winning games.
Ready for the team reveals...again
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

1.DC Defenders
2. New York Guardians
3. Dallas Renegades
4. St. Louis Battlehawks
5. LA Wildcats
6. Houston Roughnecks
7. Tampa Bay Vipers
8. Seattle Dragons
Metallifreak10
Running Back

Post by Metallifreak10 »

I guess I’m in the minority...

1. Houston Roughnecks
2. New York Guardians
3. St. Louis BattleHawks (Uniforms aren’t great, but their helmets are)

4. Dallas Renegades
5. LA Wildcats
6. DC Defenders
7. Seattle Dragons

8. Tampa Bay Vipers (just too much green)
Andibald
Head Coach

Post by Andibald »

I haven't been here in a while but thought I'd share my opinions on the names/logo/uniforms before I lose interest once the rules come out.

1. Seattle Dragons – This is my team so they are #1. The name is good – could have been better but could have been worse as well. Would have preferred “Emerald Dragons” but this will do. The logo is a bit disappointing as I would have preferred a full dragon. The addition on the logo for the helmet looks awkward and rushed. It does remind me of the Michigan Panthers of the USFL but not as well done. Again, give me a full dragon. Uniform and colors are okay but I prefer white pants with the white helmet. Not a fan of the under arm section but isn't too bad with the green on blue. Don't like the orange shoes.

2. STL Battlehawks – I really like the name. The logo is great and it is the only way I could see it on the helmet. That logo on each side would have been a big disappointment. Simple uniforms work for me but I would rather see the numbers be the same color as the pants. Road unis are awesome. If I didn't have a team, this would have been it.

3. DC Defenders - I don't care for the name but really like the logo and uniforms. Simple but still flashy with the stars and bolts.

4. NY Guardians – I don't care for this name either but the logo is cool. The placement on the helmet seems too high. I usually like shoulder stripes but these look unfinished and out of place – same with the pant stripes.

5. Houston Oilers...oops...Roughnecks – The name is solid as is the logo. Would rather see the logo further down on the helmet as it looks odd where it is. Uniform is off to me. The star and big stripe on the pants don't seem to fit with the logo.

6. Dallas Renegades – The name is okay but the logo seems too familiar. The color scheme doesn't work well for this logo on the helmet. It gets lost with the air vents and chin straps, also. I don't like the light blue shoulder pads.

7. LA Wildcats – The name sounds too much like a college team or a football movie team for me. A cool logo would have saved it but...I don't like the logo – not a fan of letters/initials in a helmet logo. The claw stripes are nice. I don't like the under arm stripes but they are almost necessary with monotone uniforms with striped pants.

8. Tampa Bay Vipers – The name is solid but the primary logo is bad. I see what they were trying to do but...ooof. The colors are bad. Pick a green...one green...to go with the orange and add some black.

Overall, not too bad and better than the AAF in my opinion. If the AAF was better, it is only because their initial logos and names were so bad, the tweaking they did to some of the helmets, made them seem better than they were :lol: .
It's gettin' hot in here...and we about to burn 'em up!

Looks like the 2020 XFL champion may be 2-3 seconds short of playing a full season :?