Donald Trump endorses the XFL

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Donald Trump endorses the XFL

Post by GDAWG »

LeoNY wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:12 pm
Sounder wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 pm Gee.....and at one point I thought this league really had a chance. The concept was good though.
Guess you are going to have to give up on the NFL too. Since the majority of the owners are republican and lean towards Donald Trump. Shahid Khan and others donated money towards Donald Trump. So time to boycott every team in the NFL. The concept was good though for the NFL while it lasted. Even the late Paul Allen has made contributions to both republican and democratic candidates. Time to abandon the Seahawks. It was a good idea while it lasted. Bye Bye NFL. You are cancelled.
Khan donating money towards the President is contradictory to his newly formed Wrestling promotion, All Elite Wrestling, which expresses itself on inclusivity and does a better job at it than WWE.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Small potatoes, huh?
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

It's interesting that President Trump endorsed the XFL, but let's just leave it at that. The subject of Trump is so divisive, nothing will be proven by arguing on the net-worth of his presidency.

Keep the discussion to football.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm
Sounder wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:58 pm Gee.....and at one point I thought this league really had a chance. The concept was good though.
Guess you are going to have to give up on the NFL too. Since the majority of the owners are republican and lean towards Donald Trump. Shahid Khan and others donated money towards Donald Trump. So time to boycott every team in the NFL. The concept was good though for the NFL while it lasted. Even the late Paul Allen has made contributions to both republican and democratic candidates. Time to abandon the Seahawks. It was a good idea while it lasted. Bye Bye NFL. You are cancelled.
Khan donating money towards the President is contradictory to his newly formed Wrestling promotion, All Elite Wrestling, which expresses itself on inclusivity and does a better job at it than WWE.
Their companies 50 year old champion just had Donald Trump Jr. on his show to promote his book. Non inclusive WWE? Women dominate that company behind the scenes and in front of the camera.
XtremeFanForever
Coach

Post by XtremeFanForever »

LeoNY wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:21 pm
GDAWG wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Their companies 50 year old champion just had Donald Trump Jr. on his show to promote his book. Non inclusive WWE? Women dominate that company behind the scenes and in front of the camera.
This is one thing the media conveniently overlooks when they try to brand the XFL as "MAGA Football." The league's management is extremely diverse. Moreso than some major leagues.
RIP Xtreme; forever champions

RIP Wildcats; forever 2-3
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

youngorst wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm
Ah, so you are one of those people that thinks everyone that hates Trump just hates him for being a Republican. Neat story.

Wildly untrue of course but neat story.

As for him showing up to the Seattle vs. DC game. If Trump likes getting booed that much I guess he can go.
Well we'd believe all those honest working people who hate Trump, like the ones in NY that supposedly hate de Blasio and Bloomberg but for the fact that they were elected/re-elected a total of four times (once after Bloomie blatantly skirted a law) you know............
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

youngorst wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm
Ah, so you are one of those people that thinks everyone that hates Trump just hates him for being a Republican. Neat story.

Wildly untrue of course but neat story.
No sir. You can read into things anyway you want. I am a registered Democrat. Not that it matters and I didn’t vote in the last election. I didn’t like either candidate. That’s a topic for another place and time.

The point is that NFL owners have relationships and ties to all political parties and politicians from both sides of the aisle. That really has no bearing on watching a football team, game or league. The Khan family and other NFL owners contributed money to Donald Trump’s inauguration and presidential campaign. It doesn’t effect me or my enjoyment of the NFL in any way. I am not boycotting the NFL because Trump has supporters in the league playing and in the league offices.

Hatred for politicians is very common. Setting aside the party politics that people play. Rooting for their side. There are people who hated George W. Bush. There are people who hated Bill Clinton. Some of it is based on policies and some on actions. If an acting President shows up to a sporting event. It’s common place. It in no way reflects poorly on the league itself.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

youngorst wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:56 pm Ah, so you are one of those people that thinks everyone that hates Trump just hates him for being a Republican. Neat story.
Maybe not EVERYBODY—I mean, I've never been a fan of the guy and I'm quite far to the right—but there definitely is a large contingent of people who do hate Republicans and anything they stand for... and Trump just gives them an even bigger excuse. Hence, why we're dealing with the circus on TV and on Capitol Hill right now.

But that's a discussion for another message board...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:11 am But that's a discussion for another message board...
Yes it is. For that reason this thread is now closed. Thank you!