Neutral site for XFL Championship Game

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Neutral site for XFL Championship Game

Post by LeoNY »

We have gone over this before here. I cast my vote for Las Vegas during NFL Draft weekend. Sam Boyd stadium on April 26th is booked but perhaps there is some wiggle room there.

Here are some potential sites for the game that I would like to see.

Aloha Stadium in Hawaii, The Alamodome in San Antonio, Camping World Stadium in Orlando, SDCCU Stadium in San Diego and Tom Benson Hal of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.
Dorky_dude
Kicker

Re: Neutral site for XFL Championship Game

Post by Dorky_dude »

Vegas would be huge for the league with all of the football fans in town already
Instagram: jersey_dude52
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Camping World Stadium (Orlando) seems the obvious choice, especially relating to potential expansion for 2021 (bring the War on I-4 to the XFL baby!), but with Monster Jam the next weekend stadium prep might be an issue.

So yeah I go SA or SD next
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

For a moment I thought we actually had news on this.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:21 pm For a moment I thought we actually had news on this.
Sorry about that. I am hoping that we do get something soon. XFL Chalk Talk recently had a discussion on this topic. I am a big a Vegas for the game supporter. We even tried to name the game here on this message board. I think Alpha Bowl and The Spring Pro Football Classic were two of the front runners.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:30 pm Camping World Stadium (Orlando) seems the obvious choice, especially relating to potential expansion for 2021 (bring the War on I-4 to the XFL baby!), but with Monster Jam the next weekend stadium prep might be an issue.

So yeah I go SA or SD next
I think whatever location gets the game. It’s going to spark potential expansion talk. Especially if it’s San Antonio, Orlando or San Diego. 3 AAF spots.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Dorky_dude wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:17 pm Vegas would be huge for the league with all of the football fans in town already
It’s a smart play. The XFL’s broadcast partners are already in town for the draft. The XFL Championship game happens after all the NFL draft proceedings. ESPN and ABC can promote the game during their draft coverage.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

Best, I can tell. The Alamodome and Camping World are free on Sunday April 26th. They are good options for a neutral site.

Sam Boyd Stadium is booked. They have an amateur motor cross event scheduled. ‘The Supercross Futures’. An AMA event scheduled through Monster Energy. It’s scheduled for 12 noon on XFL Championship Sunday. So there would have to be some sort of rescheduling or arrangement set up. Not impossible. Sam Boyd is the only real option if the XFL wants to be close to football fans in Las Vegas that weekend.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Should the XFL do neutral site or do "team with the best record as host?" I think it should be the latter to establish the league. Then move out to neutral sites when the league does well.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

D.C., at least, isn't going to have access to its home stadium for the championship game, so the league should be careful not to box itself in with any specific rules. I'm sure others have conflicts or potential conflicts as well.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion