Site Admin

XFL Draft Day 2 Live Thread

Post by admin »

Draft day 2 begins at 10am eastern.
triplecrown41
Kicker

Re: XFL Draft Day 2 Live Thread

Post by triplecrown41 »

Are they going to livestream like yesterday?
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

The stream and live draft tracker are up at XFL.com

Dallas is on the clock with the 1st pick in the DB draft. They select safety Derron Smith. Good pick.

Guardians get a very good CB in Jamar Summers.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

I'll be the first to admit I have very little knowledge of defensive backs (they're a position where, unless you're Darrell Green, performance declines with age—so I don't anticipate a lot of veterans in this round). I'll probably sit out 'til the open draft starts.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

I see LA has joined in with the making noise after their draft pick with roars.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 am I'll be the first to admit I have very little knowledge of defensive backs (they're a position where, unless you're Darrell Green, performance declines with age—so I don't anticipate a lot of veterans in this round). I'll probably sit out 'til the open draft starts.
It's a collection right now of young players on NFL teams in September and AAF players. Some vets. The interesting one if Kenny Robinson. The college all big 12 safety.

Some real good DB's have gone in the draft so far. Will Hill, Derron Smith, Jack Tocho, Summers etc
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

The XFL teams are drafting like real football teams. Not just drafting name players. If fans did this draft. Kenny Robinson would have been picked already. The teams are treating him like a college kid comparing him to established veterans.
triplecrown41
Kicker

Post by triplecrown41 »

LeoNY wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:33 am The XFL teams are drafting like real football teams. Not just drafting name players. If fans did this draft. Kenny Robinson would have been picked already. The teams are treating him like a college kid comparing him to established veterans.
Well Said!
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

LeoNY wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:33 am The XFL teams are drafting like real football teams. Not just drafting name players. If fans did this draft. Kenny Robinson would have been picked already. The teams are treating him like a college kid comparing him to established veterans.
Excellent point Leo. It's probably the equivalent of putting backup NFL safeties and corners in a draft pool with Robinson. Teams are going to lean first on guys who have pro experience and have proven that they can play on that level. You probably take Robinson after taking established players.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

BattleHawks just drafted Kenny Robinson in the 5th round. Perfect. Great market for the local media to cover his story. From a football perspective. This is essentially your 5th DB. Smart taking him here. This is a legit player with NFL draft projection of 2nd to 3rd round. Good job by STL.