XFL Draft Day 1 Live Thread

XFL Football discussion.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL Draft Live Thread

Post by MikeMitchell »

I am kind of surprised that Donald Hawkins has slipped as far as he has. Based on his experience level. Things didn't go well for him the end of his run in the NFL. He was oft injured and then he went through 4 different AAF teams. He might not be the same player he was earlier in his career when many NFL teams had him on their rosters. The medicals are a big factor with these guys too.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

XFL_FAN wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm Hopefully in the 3rd Phase Shawn Oakman will drop to #4 overall so that the Cats can get him. I doubt it though since the Vipers are going to snag him with the 1st pick...
I am interested to see what gets prioritized by the 8 teams. Probably pass rushers first but some teams may opt for the defensive signal callers at linebacker.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

You think this is long now. Only 50 rounds of drafting left to go after this o-line phase ends.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

The Kouandjio brothers are both drafted to The New York Guardians.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Rashard Davis goes into the history books. Although this draft has five #1 overall picks. It says a lot that the Defenders took him #1 overall.

Davis was a very explosive player in college at James Madison. Big time playmaker and returner. Dynamic in the open field. Can he be the centerpiece of a passing game like a Tyreek Hill type. Davis also has a QB background as a dual threat in high school. Davis wasn’t really a heavy production player at receiver. It’s obvious the Defenders see him as someone who can be. He spent his NFL career as a practice squad/futures contract player with The Eagles, Chiefs and Raiders. Only 24 years old. The upside is there but this pick surprised me.
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

DE Obum Gwacham is selected first in the Defensive Front Seven Draft by The Tampa Bay Vipers.

The Oakman watch begins
triplecrown41
Kicker

Post by triplecrown41 »

How was Bunchy Stallings not drafted? Was an SEC All American.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

I like the Casey Sayles pick a lot, though I think we could have grabbed him later on in the draft. I wanted to see Oakman or Kony Ealy. It will also be interesting to see what the LB situation is since none have been chosen in the first four picks.
St. Louis Battlehawks
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

Ooh damn Kikaha is a good pick. Shocked that none of Oakman, Ealy, Garvin, or Gates are gone yet.
St. Louis Battlehawks
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

I was wondering why he wasn't listed in the XFL draft pool lists because he looked great at the Showcases but Dallas just selected Edge Rusher Hau' oli Kikaha with the final pick in round one of the defensive front seven draft. They followed that up with DT Sealver Siliga at the start of the second round.