Missing names from the XFL’s five draft pool lists

XFL Football discussion.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Missing names from the XFL’s five draft pool lists

Post by LeoNY »

Is it me or is Hakeem Nicks not on the XFL player lists? I would have figured he would be on it. I see a significant amount of the noticeable names from the Summer Showcases like Trent Richardson, Connor Cook, Matt Jones etc but I don’t see Hakeem. Has he retired or passed on the league?

I am hesitant to mention quarterbacks but Ryan Mallett, Brandon Silvers and Johnny Manziel are not on these lists. Perhaps they are being assigned? Mallett might not be.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Missing names from the XFL’s five draft pool lists

Post by GDAWG »

LeoNY wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:44 pm Is it me or is Hakeem Nicks not on the XFL player lists? I would have figured he would be on it. I see a significant amount of the noticeable names from the Summer Showcases like Trent Richardson, Connor Cook, Matt Jones etc but I don’t see Hakeem. Has he retired or passed on the league?

I am hesitant to mention quarterbacks but Ryan Mallett, Brandon Silvers and Johnny Manziel are not on these lists. Perhaps they are being assigned? Mallett might not be.
Mallett's recent arrest might make the XFL want to steer away from him.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

I am guessing that Brandon Silvers, Luis Perez and Landry Jones will be three of the assigned quarterbacks. Silvers and Perez were a part of the Showcases but are not on the lists.
battlehawkjoe
Rookie

Post by battlehawkjoe »

I think they're keeping the top tier QB's off the draft lists for big publicity right before the draft and because the tier QB's aren't really going to be drafted.

For instance Landry is not on the draft list and he was supposedly the first player to sign with the XFL.

Hopefully they've assigned QB's that were popular in certain regions to teams in those same regions.
So Landry to Dallas or Houston.
Manziel to Dallas or Houston.
Mallet to Missouri.
And if they managed to lure somebody like Tebow in he could play for Tampa Bay.

Of course I could be wrong.
They might randomly assign the top tier QB's to regions that they're not popular in even though that doesn't make a lot of sense.
steinerfhc
Quarterback

Post by steinerfhc »

I think Silvers become one of the assigned Quarterbacks. Manziel was never said he was coming. Everyone just wanted him for some reason. No idea what happened with Nicks because I thought he accepted the invite after showing up to the Showcase.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

With the 8 QBs assigned .. I would say if you thought they were going to be in the pool and don’t see them they are more than likely 1 of the tier 1 QBs

Landry Jones
Ryan Mallett
Johnny Manziel
Luis Perez
Brandon Silvers
Cardale Jones

Other players that might be
Brandon Weeden
Jordan Ta’amu
Brock Osweiler
Brad Kaaya
Garrett Grayson
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Xtremedb3 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:59 am With the 8 QBs assigned .. I would say if you thought they were going to be in the pool and don’t see them they are more than likely 1 of the tier 1 QBs

Landry Jones
Ryan Mallett
Johnny Manziel
Luis Perez
Brandon Silvers
Cardale Jones

Other players that might be
Brandon Weeden
Jordan Ta’amu
Brock Osweiler
Brad Kaaya
Garrett Grayson
The Oliver Luck interview gave me the impression that he was trying to downplay expectations for the initial assignment list. Like the league is still holding out hope for better quarterbacks to eventually join the league before the season starts in February.

There will be some scrutiny when certain names are not on the assignment group. Like an unrealistic Kaepernick or Tebow. If Manziel is not on the list. Fans are going to question it. The expectation level is that the league has landed a Cardale Jones or Brock Osweiler but the reality of it may just be Phillip Walker, Tom Savage or someone along those lines.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Ryan Mallett got arrested for a DUI last month, so would the XFL still be interested? If not why do you guys have him on your lists still?
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:42 am Ryan Mallett got arrested for a DUI last month, so would the XFL still be interested? If not why do you guys have him on your lists still?
It would not surprise me either way. If he is off or on the list. Mallett does have ties to Marc Trestman who coached him with The Ravens. So I could see the league making an exception for him.
Xtremedb3
Running Back

Post by Xtremedb3 »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:42 am Ryan Mallett got arrested for a DUI last month, so would the XFL still be interested? If not why do you guys have him on your lists still?
I think the video works in Ryan’s favor dude wasn’t wasted but I’m sure he’s on thin ice