XFL Mock Draft Thread

XFL Football discussion.
XFL_FAN
Coach

XFL Mock Draft Thread

Post by XFL_FAN »

NFL Draft Diamonds did a 3 round skill position mock draft if the QB's aren't assigned:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/1 ... ock-draft/
Round 1

DC Defenders – Landry Jones, QB
Houston Roughnecks – Jordan Taamu, QB
New York Guardians – Joe Callahan, QB
Dallas Renegades – Connor Cook, QB
Tampa Bay Vipers – Luis Perez, QB
St. Louis Battlehawks – Brandon Silvers, QB
Seattle Dragons – Cardale Jones, QB
LA Wildcats – Phillip Walker, QB
Round 2

LA Wildcats – Jalen Rowell, WR
Seattle Dragons – MeKale McKay, WR
St. Louis Battlehawks – Matt Hazel, WR
Tampa Bay Vipers – Christine Micheal, RB
Dallas Renegades – Khari Lee, TE
New York Guardians – Ryan Broyles, WR
Houston Roughnecks – Demarcus Ayers, WR
DC Defenders – Jhurrell Pressley, RB
Round 3

DC Defenders – Donteea Dye, WR
Houston Roughnecks – Jacques Patrick, RB
New York Guardians – Reece Horn, WR
Dallas Renegades – Rannell Hall, WR
Tampa Bay Vipers – Demornay Pierson-El, WR
St. Louis Battlehawks – L’Damian Washington, WR
Seattle Dragons – Fabian Guerra, WR
LA Wildcats – Dontez Ford, WR
He goes on to say that he'd be surprised if the QB's aren't assigned, so this mock draft is basically just for fun. It's the first I've seen though...
Ready for the team reveals...again
XFL_FAN
Coach

Re: XFL Mock Draft Thread

Post by XFL_FAN »

My predictions for the first pick for Skill Players, Defensive Front 7 and Defensive Backfield:

Skill Players: Jalen Rowell (DC Defenders) Pep Hamilton liked a vertical offense with Andrew Luck back in the Colts semi-glory days of 2013-2015. You need some receivers to help your QB out, so Hamilton and the Defenders go with Rowell.

Defensive Front 7:Shawn Oakman (Tampa Bay Vipers)
Tampa Bay should be ecstatic that they get the #1 overall defensive front 7 pick, because that means they can get Shawn Oakman. Oakman has received an invite, and I assume his name will come up on one of these lists either today or tomorrow. The Vipers with Oakman can start constricting offenses come February.

Defensive Backfield:Kenny Robinson Jr. (Dallas Renegades)
Dallas looks like they're going to get the "best" QB in the league (Landry Jones), and the best DB in the draft pool in Kenny Robinson. Dallas is expected to put up a lot of points, so having Robinson Jr. would help them close out games defensively.

Anybody know who the LA Wildcats would want with their #1 overall O-lineman pick? Because I have no clue.
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

Good predictions. Still waiting to see the full list.

I think Hakeem Nicks is going in round one of the skill draft.

Shawn Oakman has to be a first round pick in the front seven draft.

Certainly Kenny Robinson will go high of the defensive backfield draft on Wednesday.

What will shock us is some of the staffs taking unfamiliar names over players that we know from the NFL and AAF. What makes it fun is the grades teams have on players that are largely unknown.
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

XFL_FAN wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

Anybody know who the LA Wildcats would want with their #1 overall O-lineman pick? Because I have no clue.
My knowledge of the O-Line prospects in this draft is pretty limited, but I would go after John Kling III, who was probably the best AAF O-Lineman.
St. Louis Battlehawks
XFLInSTL
Running Back

Post by XFLInSTL »

Personally, I'd be ecstatic if we got Silvers, as he was, in my opinion, the best AAF QB over the last three weeks of the season. I'd also go after either Ja'Quan Gardner, Jhurell Pressley, or Reece Horn in the skill position draft.
St. Louis Battlehawks
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

Shawn Oakman is the DK Metcalf of the XFL now:

Attachments
Drawing (32).jpeg
Drawing (32).jpeg (71.96 KiB) Viewed 2722 times
LeoNY
Head Coach

Post by LeoNY »

XFLInSTL wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:09 pm
XFL_FAN wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:24 am

My knowledge of the O-Line prospects in this draft is pretty limited, but I would go after John Kling III, who was probably the best AAF O-Lineman.
Doubt the Wildcats go center but Jordan McCray should be in the NFL. I could see Donald Hawkins going high. Any lineman with NFL experience are going to get drafted. Veteran leadership will be key on rosters that are heavily loaded with prospective players who haven’t played much on the pro level
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

XFL_FAN Mock Draft

Phase 1 Mock:
DC-Trent Richardson RB
What's a developing QB's best friend? A solid running game. Pep Hamilton has a history with Richardson back in Indy, where the Colts traded a 1st round pick for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he had a say in the trade 6 years ago. Richardson led the AAF in TD's, and he would make a great addition to DC.
HOU-Terrance Williams WR
In June Jones "Run and Shoot" offense, he's going to need some good recievers. Terrance Williams has more NFL experience than any of the receivers in the pool, and he's just 30. Williams provides Houston and their QB with a reliable target, and a veteran locker room presence.
NYG-Christine Michael RB
Kevin Gilbride will want to run the ball to complement his passing game. Michael is a quality pick here.
DAL-Sammie Coates WR
Another receiver with NFL experience. Him teaming up with Landry Jones would be a sight to see.
TB-Branden Oliver RB
Running backs are coming off the board quick! Trestman gets his man in Branden Oliver.
STL-Clay Harbor TE
Jonathan Hayes was a Tight End, and as HC/GM of the team he has the final say on picks. He goes with the best Tight End in the pool to help out his QB.
SEA-Connor Cook QB
The QB whisperer wants to get as much QB talent as he can, so he goes with Cook to compete with his Tier 1 QB.
LA-Matt Jones RB
Boss Moss wants a smashmouth team, so he gets his smashmouth back in Jones.

The rest:

LA-Jalen Rowell WR
SEA-Cameron Artis-Payne RB
STL-Andre WIlliams RB
TB-Ryan Broyles WR
DAL-McKale McKay WR
NYG-EJ Bibbs TE
HOU-DeMarcus Ayers WR
DC-Zach Mettenberger QB

DC-Jacoby Ford WR WR
HOU-Dimitri Flowers RB
NYG-Tyree Jackson QB
DAL-Ja’Quan Gardner RB
TB-Reece Horn WR
STL-Nelson Spruce WR
SEA-Khari Lee TE
LA-Weslye Saunders TE
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

XFL Mock Draft from NFL Draft Diamonds (All Phases):

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/1 ... k-draft-2/

XFL Offensive Line Mock Draft:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2019/1 ... ock-draft/

Barstool Sports 2 Round Mock Draft (Semi-Meme):

https://www.barstoolsports.com/viral/th ... -draft-1-0
MikeMitchell
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MikeMitchell »

I could see Hayes going TE earlier than other teams for sure.

LA is in a unique spot in the skill phase. They pick 8th and 9th. They could easily take their feature back and top receiver with those two picks.

After picking first. DC has to wait till pick 16 to get their second player. If you go WR one, there is a chance that a lot of running backs go off the board before you are on the clock again. The same goes for the other way around. Taking a RB first and then waiting on a receiver.

I expect some teams to take one RB and two WR’s with their first three selections. In theory, your starters in those spots. Teams could elect to go RB, WR, WR, WR before addressing a backup runner, a quarterback or even a tight end.